Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by 9C1LT1

Hi Everyone,

I was reading todays paper and came upon an interesting article. The people in Cedarhurst are calling the EMU's toot "unbearable". Wonder what they would think if a DE/M came through...
The article also states that Little Neck, which is the only railroad crossing on the Port Washington Branch, may seek a "quiet zone". I could see if the EMU fleet had a bell, but to not sound any horn at a crossing when you are at speed??

Here is the Link:

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longi ... -headlines

-Barry

by Long Island 7285

Barry, im on the scene. :wink:

they yet to know whats unbarable

by Jo24Sam

To the people who want zero whistles in Cederhurst - I want to smash you all in the face. I wish someone would tell these people to 'shove it' since they CHOOSE to live near a major railroad. I think the same applies to people who complain that drivers use thier street as a short cut to get around traffic caused by schools or rush hour and as a result their street isn't accessable during certain high traffic hours.

by Long Island 7285

Let me add an real harsh statement to them scumbags.

I wish to god every one of you get hit by a train becaus you choose not to hear it comeing? i bet that one of them sucmbags get hit at a crossing, then there minds will change.

SAY NO TO QUITE ZONES SAY YES TO SAFETY. "the winning team makes safety there theme"