Railroad Forums 

• "Conrail Quality" adorned pick-up at Erie, PA CP 8

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#421369  by roadster

I must say, that is a very cool paint job. I personally would have gone with the Conrail executive colors, Brunswick Green and Gold but this looks nice.
 #421516  by Conrail Cleveland East

The ROV stands for Rail Observer Vehicle not Railfan Observer Vehicle. This vehicle is honoring the dedication of employees past and present of Conrail and it's predecessor railroads. The reason why it was painted in the CSX Dark Future colors is because no one has ever done it. The owner wanted to show both railroads together. Thus you have the Dark Future and Deluxe Gold colors and the Conrail logos. Concerning the logos on the left hand side of the door the Q is not upside down. The owner couldn't have the logos opposite each other due to the space on the vehicle. It was modeled that way after seeing pictures of former Conrail locomotives that had the same decal setup. By looking at the truck you can see that it tells a story from the tailgate to the front of the vehicle. The tailgate shows Conrails beginning, the sides of the truck shows the Conrail Quality years and the license plate shows the split. Believe me, the last part caught me off guard. It is called "The Spirit of the Conrail 7." Anyone have a side shot of the dedication?
Last edited by Conrail Cleveland East on Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hmm

#421520  by MuddyAxles

EMTRailfan wrote:Even though muddyaxles played this truck up in his original post, I still had my doubts. Now that I have seen pics of it, I fell the opposite way and I say give this guy a set of high rail wheels and some track time. I don't know if I would do that to my truck, and a KNOW my wife would have something to say about it if I did, but it looks awesome.
Don't EVER question my judgment again! :-D :P :wink:

Considering color schemes of fallen flags, I just realized the truck I drive is the reverse of an E-L scheme. The gray and maroon came from D.L.&W., didn't it?

I'd post a pic but can't make it work. Oh well.
:(

I found my answer and I have no idea what they're talking about. Everywhere else I go you can just paste a pic or copy a url.

If you really want to see look at my avatar at FTE.

#421550  by CSXT 700

Oh well I thought it looked like a Ford Ranger :wink: Still looks cool!! Thanks for the photos and giving us the info.

#421817  by MuddyAxles

CSXT 700 wrote:Oh well I thought it looked like a Ford Ranger :wink: Still looks cool!! Thanks for the photos and giving us the info.
A Mazda is a Ranger body with Mazda grille, lights, powertrain, etc.

Son had one and could get many parts cheaper as Ford aftermarket parts rather than Mazda aftermarket parts.

#422006  by blippo

That's a nice truck
 #422648  by Wanderer

Conrail Cleveland East wrote:The ROV stands for Rail Observer Vehicle not Railfan Observer Vehicle. This vehicle is honoring the dedication of employees past and present of Conrail and it's predecessor railroads. The reason why it was painted in the CSX Dark Future colors is because no one has ever done it. The owner wanted to show both railroads together. Thus you have the Dark Future and Deluxe Gold colors and the Conrail logos. Concerning the logos on the left hand side of the door the Q is not upside down. The owner couldn't have the logos opposite each other due to the space on the vehicle. It was modeled that way after seeing pictures of former Conrail locomotives that had the same decal setup. By looking at the truck you can see that it tells a story from the tailgate to the front of the vehicle. The tailgate shows Conrails beginning, the sides of the truck shows the Conrail Quality years and the license plate shows the split. Believe me, the last part caught me off guard. It is called "The Spirit of the Conrail 7." Anyone have a side shot of the dedication?
My bad on the mistakes in detail. I was trying to remember exactly how he explained it. It was about 22:00, and we were all pretty tired and filled on pizza after a couple hours at the Station Inn. If you happen to see "Mr. Spirit" himself, tell him his fellow driver Matt and Tom G. from the NS West Slope said hello.
 #423201  by Conrail Cleveland East

Wanderer, if you're around Rush, NY on August 19,2007, during Diesel Days you'll see him there. He also mentioned he forgives you for the little mistakes. LOL!
 #423438  by Wanderer

Conrail Cleveland East wrote:Wanderer, if you're around Rush, NY on August 19,2007, during Diesel Days you'll see him there. He also mentioned he forgives you for the little mistakes. LOL!
Yeah, but he's probably still reeling for that Weekend's one liners. Next time you see him...asked him if he's "shocked Freddy was shooting in Greensburg this weekend". He'll get the joke.

#458425  by Conrail Cleveland East

Paul did a nice job.He happened to be at Berea that day before the Berea train show.

BTW,i heard that two guys somewhere in the East coast maybe making up URV's.It "might" happen in 08.A guy had a gray SUV and wanted to "railfatize"it.He didn't do it,but a Conrail ballast express could've been born-LOL!!!

Re:

#974657  by Gadfly

EMTRailfan wrote:Even though muddyaxles played this truck up in his original post, I still had my doubts. Now that I have seen pics of it, I fell the opposite way and I say give this guy a set of high rail wheels and some track time. I don't know if I would do that to my truck, and a KNOW my wife would have something to say about it if I did, but it looks awesome.
Oh Lord, don't give 'em ideas! :( :)