Railroad Forums 

• "Armtrak" loco - Fulton, NY

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1459210  by BR&P

1995, Fulton NY. Armstrong's plant engine sports "Armtrak" lettering, complete with an Amtrak logo. :P
img625.jpg
img625.jpg (246.9 KiB) Viewed 2962 times
 #1459225  by nydepot

It's stored now - no rail service.
Last edited by nydepot on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1459237  by BR&P

nydepot wrote:It's stored no - no rail service.
They are not using rail at all now? Image
 #1459249  by BR&P

Too bad. It was a busy place back then. Two tracks for unloading covered hoppers, a track for tank cars of.....latex????.....a track for boxcars, and I can'r recall how many tracks out near the gate for inbounds and outbounds to and from Conrail.

I used to do a lot of contract repair on the covered hoppers - plugged lines, leaking discharge pipes, etc. Also got called a couple times for rerailing when they had one off. Good people to work with.
 #1459294  by lvrr325

Corporate is so anti-rail that when the only way a person who worked there could get a delivery done on time was to send the trucks through Dewitt and by train, they almost lost their job.

They pulled out all the tracks just this last fall except for the shed the engine is in.

any idea what size that guy is, what it might weigh?
 #1459319  by BR&P

lvrr325 wrote:Corporate is so anti-rail that when the only way a person who worked there could get a delivery done on time was to send the trucks through Dewitt and by train, they almost lost their job.

They pulled out all the tracks just this last fall except for the shed the engine is in.

Well, if the tracks are gone, they'll never come back. :(

I am not an expert on critters but would guess 25 to 35 tons. I think it's a Plymouth but feel free to correct me if not.
 #1459477  by TB Diamond

Unit appears to be a Plymouth MDT 35 ton (reference Critters, Dinkys & Centercabs by Jay Reed)
 #1459993  by nydepot

All track in place. Unit is kept plugged in. Just no rail service.

BR&P wrote:
lvrr325 wrote:Corporate is so anti-rail that when the only way a person who worked there could get a delivery done on time was to send the trucks through Dewitt and by train, they almost lost their job.

Well, if the tracks are gone, they'll never come back. :(

I am not an expert on critters but would guess 25 to 35 tons. I think it's a Plymouth but feel free to correct me if not.
 #1460106  by lvrr325

I know a guy who lives right around the corner from here. The tracks were all removed late last fall, including the crossing over NY-481.
 #1460143  by nydepot

Oh, I visited in the summer last year. They did say they never expected to use rail again. Oh well.
lvrr325 wrote:I know a guy who lives right around the corner from here. The tracks were all removed late last fall, including the crossing over NY-481.