Railroad Forums 

• Question on NARS?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#164640  by Wannertant

I have been lurking for quite some time and have read almost every post in this forum. However i am trying to find out if anyone has had a shakey work history and went to NARS and was not hired. I have been in sales for the past 6 years and have a couple gaps of employment over 90 days. And once been let go of a job for poor sales ( not for attendance, or any other reason other than that month my sales were down). As for everything else, i have no problems. Just wodering if that would be a major factor after dropping 6000 on school. Talked with the school and they said that they dont make hiring deceisions. Any help would be appreciated.

#164644  by Wannertant

also i have been unemployed from my last sales job since june. I was at that job for 19 months. So i dont have a record of going from one job to the next. It is the nature of my industry.

#164713  by wmt

I was told at my hiring session, they just want your honesty. If you were unemployed tell them that, don't try to fudge your employment history. You're sure not to get hired if you lie but you have a chance if you tell it like it is.
There are things worse than an unsteady work history. I always feel you never know until you try.
Since you've already been to one hiring session, perhaps a second or third hiring session will show them a sense of committment.
It took my second session to get the interview.
Good luck to you :-)
wmt

#166225  by Wannertant

any one else care to comment? I would also like to know if i do attend the college how long after school does one typically get hired?