Railroad Forums 

• Quebec Operations

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1064257  by CN9634

Hello All,

I was just posting to see if anyone knew how the Quebec Operations worked? By this I mean, how do they dispatch? How many crews do they use? Do they use French? ect ect. I already know a bit about the St. Lawrence sub and the trains but was interested in the operations themselves.

Thanks!
 #1064379  by Noel Weaver

The last I knew there were no crews based in Canada for this operation. The locals that serve this territory operate out of Masena. I think the through freight train is today operated by CN crews between Massena and Montreal. If I am wrong, please don't shoot the messanger.
Noel Weaver
 #1065560  by roadster

CSX has crews based at in canada at the new container terminal near Montreal, and run the q152 and 153 between Massena and Montreal. The freight Q620/621 is exchanged near the border with CN crews and CSX Massena local B788. CSX Massena pool crews handle both trains between Massena and Dewitt.