• Proposed Revised CR Schedules for 2016

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by deathtopumpkins

It was definitely a hired consultant - HDR, specifically. I know some of the people who worked on them.
  by dbperry

Pretty definitive assertion today on Reddit AMA that schedules are on track for 5/23 implementation date. Should put to bed the rumors about it getting delayed to July for south side.

https://www.reddit.com/r/boston/comment ... ur/d1iha7q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The schedules will be effective May 23rd. The final schedules are expected to be released by mid-April online and will be displayed in the three Boston stations. They’re being rolled out online first to make sure that the information goes out to the public as quickly as possible so everyone can plan their commutes.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

tweaks are still being worked on. Had a nice chat with my big wig Amtrak friend and there are still MBTA trains interfering with Amtrak operations on the Mainline....and station dwell times are still being worked on as well....These new schedules propose having a Forge Park xpress making it to Boston in 54 minutes.....only in a dream could that happen haha
  by dbperry

I missed this until recently, but the 3/16/2016 FMCB meeting included a detailed presentation about the feedback from the public hearings regarding the schedule changes. The presentation included actions being taken to address the comments (i.e. changes being made to draft schedules).

Presentation here:
http://www.dbperry.net/MBTA/articles/CR ... -03-16.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My blog entry about it:
http://dbperry.weebly.com/blog/new-sche ... -on-may-23" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by Rockingham Racer

I get a kick out of the "bullet train" moniker. San Francisco calls them "baby bullets". Is there going to be 186 MPH service out to Worcester? I predict that within 6 months, this train will add some stops. And if you're going to take it to work, you'd better be starting at 9:30 AM. :wink:
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

The way the signal system is set up (the block lengths) this train will be just like the current train 582....catching Approach signals and dragging along until South Station. The first week will be very interesting with these new schedules
  by nomis

Expect some news on the new schedules around noon time ...
  by octr202

Well, they're up at MBTA.com as of this morning.

Initial PDFs of all lines are up (the timetables are set, just these PDFs are not the final printed versions), as well as a summary of the public comments.
  by ohalloranchris

Quite a few changes from the initial draft of the Providence/Stoughton Line schedule, I would assume this is the result of the public feedback.
  by octr202

In looking at the Northside, there's still some issues, but they've fixed some of the more glaring items. Most notably for Haverhill, I see the proposed 3:30 PM super express (train 211), which was supposed to run non-stop to Ballardvale, was moved up 15 minutes and now runs local. Expresses are great, but that didn't make much sense at that time. I'm also seeing that 213 is now a full local - hopefully it won't get shorted down to a four-car set after this change!
  by deathtopumpkins

My initial thoughts on the Rockburyport schedules: Meh. An improvement, but nothing fantastic.

I like the improvement over the existing schedules inbound in the evening, but I see some gaps in service elsewhere. I do appreciate the +2 extra round trips though, and the fact that there are no longer any Beverly transfers, plus the reduction in the number of Beverly short-turns, down to 2 round trips.
  by eustis22

well, I'm screwed both ways on the Haverhill Line, for 211/213
  by dm1120

ohalloranchris wrote:Quite a few changes from the initial draft of the Providence/Stoughton Line schedule, I would assume this is the result of the public feedback.
Canton Junction could really use some more evening rush hour service. It's great that every single off peak train stops there, but that doesn't help most people.
  by dbperry

ohalloranchris wrote:Quite a few changes from the initial draft of the Providence/Stoughton Line schedule, I would assume this is the result of the public feedback.
The initial January draft schedule on Providence did not take into account Amtrak operations. For example:

Inbound / Northbound / Eastbound Providence to Boston:
Amtrak #176 departs Providence 7:19 PM, arrives South Station 8:12 PM

Current schedule
MBTA / Keolis train #826 departs Providence 7:30 PM, arrives South Station 8:34 PM
Not a conflict.

January Draft schedule
MBTA / Keolis train #832 departs Providence 7:15 PM, arrives South Station 8:24 PM.
Conflicts with Amtrak #176.

New final draft schedule
MBTA / Keolis train #832 departs Providence 7:25 PM, arrives South Station 8:34 PM.
Not a conflict.

So probably a combination of public comments (Ruggles AM service, as described in the PowerPoint) and coordination with Amtrak schedule.
  by BostonUrbEx

Someone finally realized that only three trains can leave North Station at once. How long has there been the four-train choke in the schedules?