Railroad Forums 

• March 24th 2011 CONDUCTOR TRAINEE PRIMARY RECALL GALVESTON

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#981247  by fatboi

1. OFFERED JOB
2. ACCEPTED CONDITIONAL OFFER
3. HAD TO TAKE ADDITIONAL TEST/ BUT GOT MEDICALLY CLEARED
4. NEVER RECEIVED FINAL OFFER LETTER FROM BNSF.

5. FROM MY LAST COMMUNICATION, I WAS TOLD TO REAPPLY AND WAS PROMPTLY NOT INVITED BACK TO TEST.

HAS ANYBODY HAD THIS EXPERIENCE? THOSE EXTRA TEST SET ME BACK OVER $2000.00

-FATBOI-
 #981571  by bigant

NO.. that didnt happen... just got invited to the one in Galveston for this week.. and the just received the assement email for the one in beaumont.. When u say u had to spend $2000 is that for the BMI.. cause I'm 6^4 355 lbs had all my 40 years ck done done cleans a whistle.. what all did u U HAVE TO DO FOR THE MEdical? thx
 #982009  by porrick

from what i've heard, if your bmi is over 35 they tell you to get a sleep study and bloodwork done. This is at your expense, and sleep study isn't cheap. You can go to free websites that calculate your bmi quickly. Just put in your height and weight, it will calculate it for you. It doesn't take in consideration of a muscular build though. You could be built like a nfl linebacker, or look like fat albert and your bmi would be the same. I've also heard they have your personal doc measure your waist and hips to check for this. You want hips to measure bigger than waist. Measuring points for hips is at the widest point, and waist is one inch above belly button.
 #982032  by fatboi

Anytime your BMI is over 35 you will have to do

1. Sleep Study in a lab.
2. Blood work.
3. Dr.s visit- cardic history
4. Get the measurements of your hips & waist.

I'm unemployed and had to pay out of my pocket for all of this, and if I knew I wouldn't have had a realistic chance at a position I would have passed on the opportunity.

They give you a 6 month period from the date your interviewed, for them to put you in a position. I interviewed on March 24, 20011, which gave me till Sept 24,2011 and a week later they repost the job and I had to reapply and was not invited back to test again.
 #982581  by porrick

man, that blows. I'd get on their email and hound them to give me a job. I'd be relentless. Human resources phone and email can be found on their website under economic development. Try linkedin also. There's a lot of bn contacts on there.