Railroad Forums 

• Minot, ND Training class

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#933297  by Williamsj

Hey I received a conditional job offer for conductor trainee in Minot, ND starting roughly the 13th of June. I know that there is a huge housing crunch. Is there anyone that is also traveling to Minot (pending final offer of course) that may want to split a motel for a month or so during training class? Just let me know.
 #946133  by rch

Curious how things are going in Minot considering the flood. Did they move your class to another location? I heard some conductors in Minot went to Mandan since nothing but water is moving in the magic city.
 #947042  by jttigerbaby

Not sure on the new class...my husband finishes his training class Friday and he is still in Minot. He said next week he is doing hostler? (Forgive me, I am not familiar with the terms) training in Minot too. We had to do some last minute living situation changes, he brought our RV to Surrey so he is close to work until the flood situation improves.
 #949500  by Williamsj

Still in Minot. Still no place to stay either. That are sending our class to mandan for classroom training with another class. Trains started moving on the 4th again.
 #951730  by choochooman

Ye received a conditional offer there too for conductor trainee for a class that was supposed to start on Jun 25th but now got pushed back to Aug 1st due to flooding. Am wondering too about the housing anyone got any leads? Thanks for your help.
 #951794  by jttigerbaby

Housing is hard to impossible to find right now due to the flood. We had looked in Minot forever, and finally found a nice house for rent about 30 miles out of Minot. I had the best luck using the kxmc classifieds, I posted we we were looking for housing and that is how we found our house. You may want to try looking in outlying areas, the rent isnt as high, but winter driving is not for everyone. Good Luck!
 #951838  by choochooman

Thanks I will probably do that. What are the distances like for these outlying areas in terms getting to work? Prob. just gonna wait until I get the final offer before I start reserving houses...
 #957744  by jttigerbaby

No housing to be found in Minot right now...there are still many people displaced and they are finally starting to bring in FEMA trailers.