• Summer 2011 Photos

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by darthdoosh

Indeed, Flickr is a great way to host up to 200 photos for free - I really dig their site layout and such too. When you upload an image it will automatically make it availible in several sizes.

Although just for simple and fast image uploading and resizing, http://www.imgur.com is usually my choice at this point since I'm very close to Flickr's limit for free users. I find it to be quicker and more user friendly vs. Tinypic/Photobucket/Imageshack.us/etc.
  by Roadgeek Adam

sullivan1985 wrote:Uploading as an attachment will upload the image at full resolution. Try using Flickr or other photo services. Flickr will maintain full resolution but will allow you the share other resolutions generated by the source image. I believe NS3010 has shared pics via Flickr here before.
The above photo at Red Bank is from my Flickr photostream.

Speaking of which (from yesterday):

^ Kingsland, which provides good angles amazingly after 6:00 pm.

^ This shot of 4126 at Lyndhurst came with a New Darwin qualifier. Some woman crossing from the Port Jervis/Suffern/Waldwick bound platform walked off the platform, down to the tracks where the fencing ends. She crossed the tracks back across Stuyvesant Avenue to the platform I am standing on. Of course, while she is crossing the Stuyvesant Avenue bridge, here comes an express, ended by 4126 barreling down the tracks. She barely made the Hoboken-bound platform when the train came through. Personally I was ready to call her crazy. I hate to ask if she got hit, I mean I'm certified in CPR & First Aid, but I am not sure it helps here.

- I also want to ask, in the event if she was hit, I assume they'll stop the train soon to immediately, are the crew trained to make sure in case something happens to perform CPR or FIrst Aid? I guess a better question would be "What is standard procedure for hitting dumb people crossing tracks at bad times?"
Last edited by Roadgeek Adam on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by ns3010

The forum will give you an error message saying that your photo is too big, but it will not automatically resize it for you. The Trains.com forums resizes photos automatically, and gives a button to show the full size image. That's the one thing that I wish this site did.

I use Flickr, and posting photos is easy. Upload your photos, go to the photo page, click the sharing tab (has an enevelope and the Facebook and Twitter logos), copy the BBCode, and paste it into your post:
4104 by ns3010, on Flickr

Another easy site to use is rrpicturearchives.net. You open one of your photos, right click it, select properties, copy the url in the pop-up box, and paste it into your post between [img] tags. If the size is correct, it should show up just fine. Unfortunately, the site doesn't resize the photos for you, so if you upload them full size, then the forum will not allow you to post them (mine are uploaded as 1024x788 pixels, and the forum limits photos to 800 pixels wide).
  by waldwickrailfan

Roadgeek Adam wrote:
sullivan1985 wrote:Uploading as an attachment will upload the image at full resolution. Try using Flickr or other photo services. Flickr will maintain full resolution but will allow you the share other resolutions generated by the source image. I believe NS3010 has shared pics via Flickr here before.
The above photo at Red Bank is from my Flickr photostream.

Speaking of which (from yesterday):

^ Kingsland, which provides good angles amazingly after 6:00 pm.

^ This shot of 4126 at Lyndhurst came with a New Darwin qualifier. Some woman crossing from the Port Jervis/Suffern/Waldwick bound platform walked off the platform, down to the tracks where the fencing ends. She crossed the tracks back across Stuyvesant Avenue to the platform I am standing on. Of course, while she is crossing the Stuyvesant Avenue bridge, here comes an express, ended by 4126 barreling down the tracks. She barely made the Hoboken-bound platform when the train came through. Personally I was ready to call her crazy. I hate to ask if she got hit, I mean I'm certified in CPR & First Aid, but I am not sure it helps here.

- I also want to ask, in the event if she was hit, I assume they'll stop the train soon to immediately, are the crew trained to make sure in case something happens to perform CPR or FIrst Aid? I am asking, cause I was the only other person at Lyndhurst at that point in time. For anyone curious I believe 4126 was on the back of the set for 1274 (train 1274)

- If the above is confusing, I guess a better question would be "What is standard procedure for hitting dumb people crossing tracks at bad times?"
1274 is a county line train. trains 1200-1234 are main line(Via Paterson) trains. higher #'s are county line(via Fair Lawn) trains.
  by blockline4180

sullivan1985 wrote:I have some summer photos too!

NJT 4203 at Lyons Siding
NYSW SU-99 at Newfoundland

Great stuff as usual sully!
  by Uzi-Cat

Roadgeek Adam wrote:
I also want to ask, in the event if she was hit, I assume they'll stop the train soon to immediately, are the crew trained to make sure in case something happens to perform CPR or FIrst Aid? I am asking, cause I was the only other person at Lyndhurst at that point in time.

None of the crew are trained to treat medical emergencies. Performing CPR is useless on someone who is cut up into pieces by a fast moving train. The crew is trained to tie the train down and wait for assistance. That is the end.
  by sixty-six

Uzi-Cat wrote:
Roadgeek Adam wrote:
I also want to ask, in the event if she was hit, I assume they'll stop the train soon to immediately, are the crew trained to make sure in case something happens to perform CPR or FIrst Aid? I am asking, cause I was the only other person at Lyndhurst at that point in time.

None of the crew are trained to treat medical emergencies. Performing CPR is useless on someone who is cut up into pieces by a fast moving train. The crew is trained to tie the train down and wait for assistance. That is the end.
Like Uzi-Cat said: if something happens, there won't be much left for someone to perform CPR/First Aid on.
  by Roadgeek Adam

jimzim66 wrote:
Uzi-Cat wrote:
Roadgeek Adam wrote:

Like Uzi-Cat said: if something happens, there won't be much left for someone to perform CPR/First Aid on.
Ah ok. In the situation yesterday, I think if she has hit, she would have been struck in the back, based on the fact that she ran on the side of the tracks of the Stuyvesant Avenue bridge. I can't speculate that will happen, but its all in theory, I don't have a PHD. :)
  by nick11a

Nice stuff Sully.
  by cruiser939

Roadgeek Adam wrote:
jimzim66 wrote:
Uzi-Cat wrote:None of the crew are trained to treat medical emergencies. Performing CPR is useless on someone who is cut up into pieces by a fast moving train. The crew is trained to tie the train down and wait for assistance. That is the end.
Ah ok. In the situation yesterday, I think if she has hit, she would have been struck in the back, based on the fact that she ran on the side of the tracks of the Stuyvesant Avenue bridge. I can't speculate that will happen, but its all in theory, I don't have a PHD. :)
Stop with the theorizing!
  by Uzi-Cat

Hey kid, I'm a computer, stop all the downloading!
  by Kaback9

Help Computer!
  by Ken S.

Dover Drill heading back to the MMC.
  by CNJGeep

Kaback9 wrote:Help Computer!
I don't know too much about computers, my mom's got one at home, she put some games on there and I play 'em.