Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

#816008  by Tadman

Are we going to see a wrapped car like we did for the Sox 2005 pennant? And will it be pink line if so?
 #816115  by byte

Up until I heard they were doing an actual parade, my hopes were set on them putting the Stanley Cup on that flatcar they use for the Santa train (sans Santa and his decorations) and parading it around the loop a few times between a couple Pink Line 2600s. Of course, it might help if there was actually a station at the UC.

Come to think of it, now that both the Bulls and the Hawks are big draws at the United Center, maybe it's time to start thinking about putting a station there?
 #816207  by doepack

byte wrote:Up until I heard they were doing an actual parade, my hopes were set on them putting the Stanley Cup on that flatcar they use for the Santa train (sans Santa and his decorations) and parading it around the loop a few times between a couple Pink Line 2600s. Of course, it might help if there was actually a station at the UC.

Come to think of it, now that both the Bulls and the Hawks are big draws at the United Center, maybe it's time to start thinking about putting a station there?
Makes sense to me. Which means it'll never happen...
 #816865  by R36 Combine Coach

How about using this event as an opportunity to showcase a new 5000 car?
 #820831  by GWoodle

Hope you don't have to wait for another Hawks or Bulls championship to put in the station!