Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by oknazevad

Otto Vondrak wrote:
FL9AC wrote:The 110 was seen this afternoon sitting outside the north end of the diesel shop in Harmon with the Giants nose decal removed.
Booo.
What he said.
  by FL9AC

The 115 was seen next to the T&E building in Harmon this afternoon. The 128 and 126 are still in Harmon for brookville mods and repair from tree damage sustained two weekends ago on the Danbury branch.
  by park

Last week and again this week the Waterbury Branch has been assigned P32AC's, 215 (?) last week and 227 yesterday. Anyone know what happened to the BL20's?
park
  by FL9AC

Last week and again this week the Waterbury Branch has been assigned P32AC's, 215 (?) last week and 227 yesterday. Anyone know what happened to the BL20's?
parkLast week and again this week the Waterbury Branch has been assigned P32AC's, 215 (?) last week and 227 yesterday. Anyone know what happened to the BL20's?
park
Well it wasn't the 215, as that was involved in the sideswipe on the Danbury last weekend. There are currently three BL20GH's out of service...the 113 also involved in the sideswipe, the 126 in for mods and also tree damage, and the 128 which is in for tree damage. Not sure why the Waterbury hasn't been using BL20GH's though.
  by Train2009

#129 was outside the south end of the old Harmon Shops along with #110
  by Ðauntless

Seems like these 14,000PSI MTU fuel monsters are working out well in RR service.
  by DutchRailnut

THe MTU 12/400 has been working very well. no major defects, other than coupling between motor and Generator, but that is outside contractor.
The same MTU 4000 series diesels have been very succesfull in over 250 German locomotives.
and as far as fuel monsters, these diesels use less than 70% of fuel of a smaller EMD 567 in same service.
  by Ðauntless

MTUs are plentiful in the marine world now to unfortunately. Wasn't talking about consumption. Simple fact that the common rail, 14000+psi fuel pressure system is a little scary. Ill take my 50PSI GM's thank you.
  by mkm4

110 was on the Wassaic Shuttle this morning.
  by mkm4

It looked like 125 was on the Wassaic Shuttle this morning.
110 and 114 were in the NWP yard.
  by HLCX

111 on the Danbury branch in Norwalk today.
Still have the P32's on the Waterbury line.
I know somebody already had asked this, but.
Why did they take the BL20GH's off that line?
  by Train2009

There were 4 BL20s spotted this afternoon, One was a New Haven Paint Unit inside the new Croton shop, four units at the south end of the old shop one New Haven Paint and Metro North Paint Units and I am so very sorry I did not saw the unit number at all or no pictures.
  by FL9AC

The CDOT unit inside the new shop is the 126 you saw getting Brookville mods. The rest of your information is irrelivant since there are no unit numbers...