Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

#747796  by JLJ061

http://www.suntimes.com/news/transporta ... 09.article

Fourteen people were hospitalized with “minor’ injuries when a CTA Green Line train car derailed Saturday morning on the elevated tracks on the South Side.

CTA spokeswoman Katelyn Thrall said a Green Line train derailed about 11:55 a.m. at the 59th Street junction, where the Ashland Branch meets the east 63rd Branch.
 #748176  by MACTRAXX

JLJ: Interesting news concerning this CTA derailment-accidents on the L structure are always touchy for obvious reasons...
I noticed the cars involved were Boeing cars and the spot was bad-right at 61st Junction knocking out both the Englewood
and Jackson Park spurs. Luckily just some bumps and bruises perhaps and some equipment and track damage.

My Uncle was once a motorman based out of Ashland Terminal for many years until his retirement in 1986-I am familiar with the South Side (Green) L route but I have not seen it since the shutdown/reconstruction of that route and for that matter the
Lake route to Oak Park.
MACTRAXX