Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by E-44

Thanks for the link to those photos. Always thought they looked their best in that scheme.
  by JamesRR

Has anyone bought and ran one of these? How do they run? How does the MN Scheme look? And what was the best price you found it for?
  by metroduff

When were the MNR units originally built?
  by MNCRR9000

I believe that it was originally built by GE in 1977.
  by Otto Vondrak

metroduff wrote:When were the MNR units originally built?
Conrail units 1903-1909 were transferred by lease to Metro-North in 1983. They were built for Conrail in April 1978, and were among their newest power. Upon return to Conrail in 1984, they were sold to new owners around the country.

Let's try to keep this thread to a discussion of the release of the model by Atlas, please.

-otto-
  by trainguy2024

Just ran my MTA B23-7 #801. I got the Gold series which has DCC and sound. I ran it on my layout which is DC only and it ran flawless. Sound works great and the engine itself was super smooth.
  by spl1011

I received mine earlier this week.
Its a great running locomotive! I got the Atlas gold series for about $212 shipped. It looks very sharp, the details are amazing. The sound brought back memories, its that good!
I was worried that mine did not come with forward and rear handrails, but I didnt notice the slot on the side with extra parts!

The road number I chose was 801.
  by jmp883

And for those of us in N the Atlas website says the closing date for orders on the N-scale version of this same locomotive is January 5. I already have mine on order.