Railroad Forums 

• Photos: Now Leaving on Track 4 unsheduled

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#62607  by Hal

Here's something you don't see every day-

atleast, something I'd never seen before....

After a few seconds of "what's the beeping noise?"
turned around, and see a SEPTA service trucks cruising through Market East backwards-

actually got some stares and interesting looks from the commuters...

Hal

#62623  by Nasadowsk

Actually, I hear those are the Silverliner V prototypes - Ford got the order in stunning turn of events. ;) ;) ;) ;)

#62680  by glennk419

See....Septa does indeed run diesels in the tunnel. :wink:

#62689  by Umblehoon

They were running clearance tests for their plan to convert all regional rail lines to dedicated busways by late '05.

#62724  by limejuice

They weren't running backwards, they were running long hood lead! :wink:

Actually, it is typical to see a MOW crew on a hi-rail boom truck going towards the work site in reverse so that the tools, supplies, and boom lift are facing the part of the track that needs work, and without the truck having to cross said area. I thnk it might even be an FRA regulation, but I'm not sure.

#62784  by octr202

I want to know when the FRA crashworthiness regulations will hit the hi-rail trucks -- they'll end up needing about 20 axles to get over the highway! :wink:

#63226  by ctrabs74

Nasadowsk wrote:Actually, I hear those are the Silverliner V prototypes - Ford got the order in stunning turn of events.
Those are actually International trucks...