• Commuter Rail Delay Tracker/ Discussion (RETIRED)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by theinsider

sery2831 wrote:There are some operational difficulties on the South Side tonight.

From mbta.com:
Plymouth/Kingston, and Middleboro/Lakeville lines are being diverted to the Red Line between South Station and Braitntree Stations due to a disabled train near South Station. 7/24/2008 10:03 PM
A set headed to the yard derailed parts of 2 cars, either the second and third or third and fourth cars. It was the set they pull off the Franklin double draft. It is/was blocking all moves off of tracks 9 to 13. I would say the AM is going to be a mess. It was not pretty.

I gave this it's own thread as well but wanted to answer John's post here http://railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=53439
  by ST214

438 was a mess Wednesday night.....REALLY LATE!

Let's put it this way...i was on 439, and we were running more than 20 minutes late....we passed 438 in Shirley.

I had my scanner on and heard about lots of signal issues....also did not hear the defect detector at Slab City go off....anyone know what knocked out the signals??
  by bierhere

Another bad start on the Worcester Line

P500 - broken down, I don't think it ever started its run.
P502 - becomes a local again, picks up passengers at Natick, Wellseley(Square,Hill,Farms), Skips Newtons - about 10 mins late, Also a short-set, but luckily by only one car, so tight but not a squeeze.
  by mbta1051dan

bierhere wrote:Another bad start on the Worcester Line

P502 - becomes a local again, picks up passengers at Natick, Wellseley(Square,Hill,Farms), Skips Newtons - about 10 mins late, Also a short-set, but luckily by only one car, so tight but not a squeeze.
Out of curiosity what equipment does P502 normally run with?

-Dan
Last edited by mbta1051dan on Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by jonnhrr

I notice the Old Colony and Providence/Stoughton trains arfe delayed 10-15 min this AM, plus Dorchester branch is bustituted due to a derailment near South Station. Anyone have any details? My kids are taking Amtrak to PHL and they are delayed also.

Correction - they are not bussing Fairmount, they have bus/subway alternates posted on the MBTA site.

Jon
  by bierhere

mbta1051dan wrote:
bierhere wrote:Another bad start on the Worcester Line

First of all you posted twice.

2nd of all, out of curiosity what equipment does P502 normally run with?

-Dan
Sorry for posting twice.
P502 is usually a 7 car train with a minimum of 5 Kcars.
  by mbta1051dan

bierhere wrote: Sorry for posting twice.
Thanks, I had always wondered that, so that morning it was a 6 car set?

-Dan
  by jonnhrr

Robert Paniagua wrote:All Old Colony Service back to normal yet?
Delays supposed to last into tonights rush hour due to ongoing repairs according to Alerts. Fairmount will still be out of service.

Jon
  by bierhere

mbta1051dan wrote:
bierhere wrote: Sorry for posting twice.
Thanks, I had always wondered that, so that morning it was a 6 car set?

-Dan
It was. As I said, it was crowed, but not standing room. Compare that to the 6:15 on Wed evening, when instead of a simliar set of 6-7 cars, with 5 K cars, we got 5 flats.
  by Robert Paniagua

jonnhrr wrote:Delays supposed to last into tonights rush hour due to ongoing repairs according to Alerts. Fairmount will still be out of service.

Jon
Still Old Colony delays? Why would it take so long for such a derailment to be cleared. Well at least I took the Red Line out of Braintree today but the rest of the Old Colony Community will have delays especially going into a weekend..
  by bierhere

Robert Paniagua wrote:
jonnhrr wrote:Delays supposed to last into tonights rush hour due to ongoing repairs according to Alerts. Fairmount will still be out of service.

Jon
Still Old Colony delays? Why would it take so long for such a derailment to be cleared. Well at least I took the Red Line out of Braintree today but the rest of the Old Colony Community will have delays especially going into a weekend..
Track outside South Station had a barricade on it. But I saw no one working on the damaged rail/switch around 4pm. Almost all trains out of South Station were delayed this evening.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

there was a derailment this morning at what looked to be the outer limits of Tower 1. And train 813 borke down this afternoon in Sharon with the 1036, only the HEP was working and my train, 815, pushed 813 to Attleboro, which they then took both trains out of service and moved everyone on to train 817, which arrived in Attleboro on Track 4. Overall, our train was delayed close to an hour and there were still canceled and delayed trains due to this mornings derailment
  by mbta1051dan

bierhere wrote: It was. As I said, it was crowed, but not standing room. Compare that to the 6:15 on Wed evening, when instead of a simliar set of 6-7 cars, with 5 K cars, we got 5 flats.
OUCH!

-Dan
  by mbta1051dan

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:there was a derailment this morning at what looked to be the outer limits of Tower 1. And train 813 borke down this afternoon in Sharon with the 1036, only the HEP was working and my train, 815, pushed 813 to Attleboro, which they then took both trains out of service and moved everyone on to train 817, which arrived in Attleboro on Track 4. Overall, our train was delayed close to an hour and there were still canceled and delayed trains due to this mornings derailment
Yeah I remeber quite a while ago that they were having issues with the 1036 shortly after coming back from rebuild. That is ironic, because strictly speaking, that is our newest loco.

It seems like the 1050-1075, the genuine EMD-built F40s are having less trouble than the MK/MPI units.

-Dan