• Commuter Rail Delay Tracker/ Discussion (RETIRED)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by GP40MC 1116

Veristek wrote:How big was the tree? Couldn't the locomotive just force it aside by pushing aganist it? A tree can't derail a 200 ton locomotive pushing aganist it, can it?
I doubt MBCR is going to let their employees go ahead and "Push" a tree off the tracks with the locomotive?? It could do damage to the train and that wouldn't be the smartest idea, LOL
  by jbvb

6/26's #214 dp. Haverhill 5 min. late due to EB GTI freight creeping across the bridge. Otherwise OK till Oak Grove, where we made an unscheduled stop to pick up Orange Line medical emergency refugees. Picked up a crush load more at Malden; When I went downstairs no replacement buses or supervisors in sight.

PS: octr202, I may have mistaken which crossing #227 flagged at Greenwood 6/24.
  by Ron Newman

What happened on the Orange Line?
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Ron Newman wrote:What happened on the Orange Line?
a woman hit by a train in the Sullivan Sq. station this morning at 9:07 am, pronounced dead at the scene
  by acela 2036

Now whats up with this?? :P
Greenbush service is running on time. 6/29/2008 12:23 PM
  by Robert Paniagua

That's strange, that's never supposed to appear, saying that there's no incident. Only if there's an incident, then it'll appear with a delay of course.
  by Hoopyfrood

Veristek wrote:How big was the tree? Couldn't the locomotive just force it aside by pushing aganist it? A tree can't derail a 200 ton locomotive pushing aganist it, can it?
The tree came down on the lines running along the tracks but did NOT break them, so had they pushed the tree out of the way they would have cut the lines. They wanted the lines intact so they didn't have to repair them. :)

And on that picture, I think those trains might be the 427, 429, and 431, as I was on the 431 and we were stopped right where you can see the rear-most train.
  by concordgirl

GP40MC 1116 wrote:Looks like it was a fun rush hour commute on the Fitchburg Line Tuesday afternoon/evening :(

http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?20080 ... 924255.jpg
Very cool pic, tho. Awesome. I was on 429 but was psyched all the bs happened after my stop. The crews had a long night tho :P
  by Robert Paniagua

Yikes, all those people having to walk alongside the trackage or standing there to get fresh air, I wonder how long it took to get the tree removed
  by jbvb

Wed. #205 arrived Haverhill 0903 (25 min. late) on the westerly track, loaded and changed ends on the platform. #214 left about 8 min. late, then ran Bradford - Western Electric at restricted speed, stopping at signals and flagging the Ward Hill crossing. WJ at 0945, DE waiting, 12 min. late at Malden.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

messy morning on the Providence Line:

Prov/Stou Train #803 (8:30am inbound) is experiencing a 10-15 min delay 7/8/2008 9:19 AM

Prov/Stou Train #810 (7:35am inbound) is having mechanical problems and will experience a 40 minute delay. Train #812 (8:10am inbound) will assist Train#810 and will experience a 10-15 minute delay. 7/8/2008 7:53 AM

I wonder what engine crapped out this morning?
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:messy morning on the Providence Line:

Prov/Stou Train #810 (7:35am inbound) is having mechanical problems and will experience a 40 minute delay. Train #812 (8:10am inbound) will assist Train#810 and will experience a 10-15 minute delay. 7/8/2008 7:53 AM
this morning's failure got me thinking, how many extra trainsets are lying around at Southhampton? For instance, 810 turns into an outbound probably as soon as it arrives at S.S., but if it is going to be delayed by an hour, does the MBTA have an extra set to pull from the yard to cover the next run?
  by jbvb

Bad day for the Downeaster: On 7/8 #214 met the DE at the Lawrence wye. Proceeding past Frost on the westerly track, we met a GTI freight accelerating across the Sutton St. crossing. The EB DE was at least 20 min. late at Haverhill.
  by diburning

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:messy morning on the Providence Line:

this morning's failure got me thinking, how many extra trainsets are lying around at Southhampton? For instance, 810 turns into an outbound probably as soon as it arrives at S.S., but if it is going to be delayed by an hour, does the MBTA have an extra set to pull from the yard to cover the next run?
Yes, except at rush hour. Then, things can get a little sticky.