Railroad Forums 

• General Delaware Railfanning Questions

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#549610  by DePhotoNut

Hello, all, I'm a Photography nut, and I lovei n Milford Delaware, the Norfolk Southern runs right through the town. Now, does anyone know what the times are for the NS trains coming through Milford? I know 1 is about 11am and another is about 5pm, 've been trying to gather the times, since I work for the city, I kinda remind myself what the time is when the train is coming, so I can remember it for future reference....if that makes any sense. I've got a awesome view all set up now I just need the train lol (i'll upload the picture tonight). So anyone know where I can find the times the trains run through Milford? Or even Harrington?

Also a question for the DCL, from what I have read it's low volume traffic on that rail, and the times are so abstract you don't know when the Train would be traveling that track right? Would love to get a pic of that train also. I notice the Tracks going into Cape Henlopen in Lewes, I assume these are tracks of the DCL or use to be? I doubt they are in use and probably where used for the war era IF I had to guess, any information on that would be great too.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just anxious to get those pictures.

-JD
 #549657  by Aardvark

Hey there,
As far as Milford is concerned, you've pretty much got it down. The local leaves from Harrington mid to late morning and is usually back between 4:30-5:30. There is a stone train that can be seen during daylight hours if it's running late. I've seen it as late as 9 am. Everything else runs at night, mostly coal to the Indian River power plant. There's sometimes other oddball trains during the grain rush. I'm not too sure about weekends tho.

This website has a wealth of information about Delmarva, NS, and the other short lines that operate on the peninsula.
http://www.trainweb.org/peninsularailfan/

As for the DCL there is another very informative thread describing all that goes on there.
http://railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=74