Railroad Forums 

• Baltimore Railfanning

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#404793  by gprimr1

I was wondering if anyone knew any hotspots for Baltimore railfanning besides Lansdowne Interlocking and the Mt. Royal ex-B&O Station now MICA building.
 #417218  by jmonner

I get up to baltimore occasionally to railfan.

I sometimes got to the lot on the east side of the tracks on Bush Street off Russell Street. Also near the wye at West Ostend & Warner near M&T (Ravens Stadium).

There are lots of good places in Baltimore, just keep in mind that not all areas are particularly safe. It only takes a block or two to make a difference.

There is also the park by Thomas Viaduct. A 150 year old stone bridge that is still in use. Also, around the corner to downtown Ellicott City, with the old B&O station.

Another good source is: http://users.erols.com/ttrogers/ He sells some great railfan videos. The Old Mainline #1 starts in Baltimore and goes west to Frederick Junction. The great thing about his videos are that he follows along with a USGS map so you can see the places that he is shooting from.

Happy Railfanning

#472775  by PKelly

I spend many an hour at the confluence of Pulaski Hwy and Monument Street, in the Metals fabricator Plant parking lot by the foundation of the old (RIP) Bayview Tower. Good action on the main and west yard lead to Bayview as well as the Penn Mary branch.