Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by nh chris

I was wondering if MN's 1999 proposal for a federal grant to rehabilitate the old NYNH&H/NYW&B station at Mamaroneck was ever acted upon, and if/when the work will be done. It''s a fine old buidling, which would be a shame to lose.

NH Chris

http://www.nymtc.org/downloadablepgs/tep/mh/mh48.pdf

by Otto Vondrak

Station was built pre-NYW&B... Station was moved to present location to facilitate addition of two NYW&B tracks in 1926. And then after 1926, NYW&B had a ticket office in that building until 1937.

Harrison station is similar in that respect.

-otto-

by KidRailfan

There was some work done on the building early this year/late last year when the bathrooms were redone. Otherwise, the inside is rather poorly lit, dank, and often smells funny. The roof sometimes leaks too. However, I still love the way the building looks next to the trees and the park. The underpass could use a little work too. Larchmont's being redone, and Mamaroneck must be somewhere cose behind in being brought up to ADA standards. However, at Larchmont, there was not even a ramp to the platform on the southbound side, so it was more of a desparate case. There was a plan a while back to bulldoze the park for parking spaces (no pun intended), but it was stopped. I don't know either when the rehab will start on the station and building, but I expect it will be soon after Larchmont.