Railroad Forums 

• Proposal for additional service on Springfield Line

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#36158  by Robert Paniagua

You're right, Noel. I think Mr. Fels will have to be controlled here since he's already done it (creating a havoc) in A LOT of other topics, forcing Otto to shutter those threads.

So I think Otto ought to just shutter this thread and let it "Rest In Peace" before anymore damage is done.

#36165  by mattfels

Rather than reply directly to this latest cheap shot, let's go back to a spot just before the derailment:
DutchRailnut wrote:Even if CDOT runs trains tru to Old Saybrook, Amtrak would crew them , unless amtrak drops the contract and MNCR were to bid outside the MTA region.

Currently the few SLE trains going from Stamford to Old Saybrook and opposite are run by two crews, Amtrak on SLE part and MNCR crews New Haven to Stamford.

Amtrak only has authority to run Amtrak trains on Metro North not other services.
So far so good. If accurate, this assessment struck me as indicating that Metro-North's ownership of the New Haven Line is a bottleneck to expanded thru service. One way to fix it is to place the entire corridor under Amtrak ownership. Which I pointed out, in a perfectly civil manner, here. No havoc there. That came later--specifically here, in a personal taunt that read, "Matt get your facts straight for a change."

#36379  by Nasadowsk

I agree with Mr Weaver here, too. Let's put a fork in this one.