Railroad Forums 

• (RR Cops Jobs?) RR Police Agencies in N.E. esp. Ma

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#320327  by Nelson Bay

[quote="cityarea"]Hey engineer, every one else on here got what I was looking for perhaps you don't get it with all the fumes from your train or maybe it's becuase being from Wyoming you just don't understand. I was specific and your the only one who doesn't seem to understand and perhaps being from where you are from you don't understand law enforcement in new england is much different than in other parts of the country.[quote]

Everyone else on here didn't get what you were looking for- I know I didn't. I didn't understand you either & I'm not from Wyoming. Starting your initial post with a 65 word sentence (put me to sleep halfway through) probably boggled some of the other great minds around here.

#320361  by DGAS

Sentence structure, spelling, and brevity notwithstanding, I can understand why some found it difficult to comprehend.

In a nutshell, the OP seeks information regarding railroad police departments in the Northeast. Specifically, aside from MBTA and Amtrak, is Guilford (Pan Am) the only other railroad police department in the Massachusetts/NE area?

Better? :wink:

#320996  by hughie

Cityarea,

I had no problem understanding your post at all, and since I am a RR'er, (and former Cop), not an english teacher, I won't try and correct your grammar :)

As has been stated, Pan Am, aka Guilford Rail, (former Boston & Maine RR), has severely downsized their RR PD, but may on occasion hire Officers to replace retirements or job attrition.

Shortly after taking over Conrail, CSX basically fired all but 2 or 3 of their RR Cops for the New England Region, so there probably will not be much opportunity there, either.

As far as I know, P&W no longer has a PD, and I do not believe that the G&U has had one in some time, unless it is a private security outfit affiliated with Washington Mills.

This leaves either Amtrak PD, or the MBTA's "Transit Police", (which is Civil Service, BTW) as your best bet.

A common philosophy of many RR's in this day and age, is that since they pay taxes to local and state government, why shouldn't they just use the local services when they need them.

I hope this info is of some help.

Best regards, and stay safe out there!

Hugh

#323232  by cityarea

Hey Hughie thanks, for the info, at least you understood what I was looking for, but than again I would expect that from a brother.

I all ready am on the cs list for the t so we shall see, but who the hell knows at thins point. But thanks for the advise and info
Be safe.

#334802  by NHN503

metman499 wrote:Maine Eastern also has a police force.
That they do! Its also part of the Morristown & Erie Railway PD. The Chief is the guy that sells the badges at the Springfield Big E show.