Railroad Forums 

• Acela 2168 trip questions

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#32137  by acelaman

Returning from WAS today on Acela 2168 I made a few observations that maybe someone could help with. Just before WIL I noticed a lone Viewliner diner car on a siding by itself, and just after the WIL station again on a siding on the south bound side sat 3 or 4 Amfleet coaches with no markings and they appeared to be gutted on the inside but their exteriors seemed in great shape, any ideas? And lastly, about 2:50PM south of mile marker 71 (15-20 mins.) I saw two military? personnel in full camo gear, helmets, packs etc.. and I believe rifles slung over their shoulders on the ROW under a highway bridge. Seems odd but it didnt seem to upset the engineer or the crew. If I saw them I'm sure the engineer saw them.

#32139  by DutchRailnut

The 3 Amfleet/SPV shells are ar Delaware Car Company they are unfinished BUDD SPV shells bought during Budd bankruptcy sale.
Near Wilminton are two Amtrak shop area's , Bear Del. and Wilmington Shop.

Despite image as marked Amfleet the Amfleets did not have window openings on ends and no Headlight cutout.
Metro Liner shells only had a engineers window and only on one side of car.