Railroad Forums 

• with each redesign , a sparer Penn station emerges

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#311253  by henry6

Let me add my voice to keeping this thread on Amtrak forum. It did start here, but more importantly I sense that those outside the NY Metropolitan area do not realize how closely Amtrak-NJT-LIRR operations are knit together at NYP nor how the slightest hiccup on any of the three lines can affect the others. This is definitely more so between Amtrak and NJT than LIRR since they share everything from Trenton to Sunnyside Yard. So to remove even one NJT train off the corridor to a new tunnel and new NY station could have major impact on Amtrak train traffic as well as customer accomodations in NYP. Plus the revenues paid to Amtrak by NJT will be adusted; and since Mr. Bush has called on commuter agencies to cough up more cash for their use of Amtrak track and facilities, this is very much an Amtrak forum issue.

#311501  by Irish Chieftain

I do not agree. This is not a facility owned by Amtrak nor used by Amtrak. In fact, it's not even a railroad station. On top of that, the last proposal was that NJ Transit use the facility if built, versus Amtrak. Not a whit to do with Amtrak.