Railroad Forums 

• LA&L MOW

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#205127  by Luther Brefo

Would anyone happen to know of or have any images of LA&L MOW equipment either at work or at rest?

There seem to be so few images on the subject and I would like them for both modelling sake and my even larger project. Thanks.

#205290  by scottychaos

lutherkb wrote: From what I can see, using the angles at the top of the cars I think 4444 and 4448 are the covered hoppers while 4401 is open.
yep! thats correct.

Scot
 #205527  by TB Diamond

Photographed the LA&L GE 44t at Avon, NY in June, 1976 with car LA&L 1, which appeared to be a MOW car. This car appeared to be a modified box car or a flat car with a covered portion.
 #205551  by Luther Brefo

TB Diamond wrote:Photographed the LA&L GE 44t at Avon, NY in June, 1976 with car LA&L 1, which appeared to be a MOW car. This car appeared to be a modified box car or a flat car with a covered portion.
Do you have digital scans? If so can you post them?

Thanks.
 #206014  by TB Diamond

lutherkb: The negatives are currently listed for auction on eBay.
 #206364  by keeper1616

lutherkb wrote: Can you provide a link?
now, now luther, you know thats against the rules here at rr.net - just search for la&l in Collectibles > Transportation > Railroadiana, Trains > Photo > Negatives
 #206461  by TB Diamond

Or go to eBay, click "Buy" then click "seach" at lower L/H side of page then type in item number 6597988793.