Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by tushykushy

Dave, I'm not a steam fan at all but those shots are exceptional. Thanks for sharing.

by Richard Glueck

Page 35 of "Pennsy Power", show H6sb #1, of the PRR with that same tender model, complete with trucks. Ladies and Gentlemen (if any), I rest my case.

by Paul

Ladies and gentelmen of the jury. I submit page 155 of Pennsy Power Vol-I shoing K-2s 3799 with the same tender. Sorry Rich, you still haven't convinced me. Good try tho...

by Richard Glueck

Okay Paul! You wanna fight about it, just step outside... you, you, you, DIESEL MAN!

by Dave Keller

Dick:

Get your slingshot and a hunk of coal . . . . after all, it worked for David. :wink:

Just kidding, Paul!!

Dave

by Richard Glueck

Dave: Oh good, I 've got a cheering squad behind me!

Actually, a photo of a D16sb appears on the Northeast Rails site today, towing the same tender. A little late for LIRR D16's, but it shows the ubiquitous nature of that tender. I believe the H6sb at RMPa has the same tender.

No, where is my carbon and Fruit of the Looms?

by Richard Glueck

Okay Dave, you're gonna love this...That is EXACTLY what Ron Ziel told me it was. He was thrilled that he owned a snowplow with a genuine LIRR Camelback tender.. Also said the machine had a Camelback boiler, though we know that wasn't true.

by LIRRNOVA55

from that photo, Camelback could definatly be ruled out. To long, Different rivet patterns and the one on 193 has a slot in the front frame. Early rotarys did have wagon top boilers tho. .

Nicw photos Dave! was that by anychance the pickle works wreck?

by Paul

Well, Well Well... Hmmmmm...throw coal at me???? Is this what you two guys have reduced your self to? Geez Louise. Remember RDG, who has the Limes?
Maybe I should ship some of the brown dirt Lignite coal I have here off to you instead. Try THAT on your broiled chicken! :-D
BTW, Dave...some pun indeed..."off a G54". No wonder why Vaudiville died.

by Dave Keller

Paul . . .

As someone once told me: "You're so funny you should be on the stage . . . . There's one leaving in 10 minutes!" :wink:

LIRRNova: NO that was the wreck of the "Cannonball" west of Eastport in 1921. Seems the engineer exceeded MAS around the curve of the Montauk branch where the Manorville branch tied in and tipped the engine and a number of the cars over. In my photo, the engine has been righted but the tender is still the worse for wear.

Dave