Railroad Forums 

• 2024 Train Show Calendar January-May

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1635944  by lvrr325

Shows in ITALIC are not confirmed and estimated based on previous dates

January

Sunday 1/21– Utica – TTCS Utica Train Show, Union Station
Weekend 1/27-1/28 - Springfield, MA – Amherst Model RR Club huge show
Sunday 1/28 – Buffalo (Lancaster) – Trainorama, Variety Clubhouse, 6114 Broadway

As in the past I include the Springfield show because so many attend, roughly an hour east of Albany. Trainorama may have had flyers out at the fall Hamburg show but I was unable to attend.

February

Sunday 2/? - Buffalo (Depew) - TTCS Buffalo Snowball Train Show, Polish Falcons (website says 20th, that is not a Sunday)
Weekend 2/17-2/18 – Buffalo (Hamburg) – WNYRHS Winter Train & Toy Show, Erie Cty Fairgrounds
Saturday 2/24 – Rochester – Edgerton Model Railroad Show, Edgerton Community Center

TTCS website shows the Depew show the 20th - that's a Tuesday. WNYRHS calendar website shows it as the 18th, opposite Hamburg - that can't be right either. The same person would be promoting two shows the same weekend 20 miles apart. I guess will find out eventually, probably at the Utica show.

March

Saturday 3/9 – Binghamton – Greater Binghamton Regional Train Show
Sunday 3/10 – Syracuse (Camillus) – NHRS Spring Ahead Train Show, Camillus Fire Dept.
Saturday 3/16 - Albany - Albany Train Show, Polish Community Center
Sunday 3/24 - Kingston - Kingston Model Train and Railroad Hobby Show, Murphy Midtown Center

Camillus generally puts flyers out starting at the Utica show. Albany is a week later than usual. There will be no Greenberg show in Rochester in 2024. The TTCS has no Rochester show scheduled as of this time either. Easter is on March 31st this year.

April

Sunday 4/7 – Amsterdam – Alco T&HS Rails Along The Mohawk Show , Riverfront Center
Sunday 4/7 – Buffalo (N. Tonawanda) – TTCS Spring Into Summer show, Knights Of Columbus, Erie Ave.
Sunday 4/14 – Batavia – GSME Great Batavia Train Show, Genesee Community College Call Arena

No Lockport Keenan show for 2024. When I hear what happened I will post an update.

May

Weekend 5/4-5/5- Fulton (Volney) - Oswego Valley Railroad Assoc. Spring Show, Volney VFD

Typically on National Train Day there's a one day show in Dunkirk at the fairgrounds, put on by the TCA.

------
Fall 24 dates that are confirmed include Clayton, Massena, Syracuse, and RIT; all on their usual weekends.
 #1636009  by smph50

I have received confirmation that the TTCS Buffalo Snowball Train Show at the Polish Falcons Club is on Feb 4th. They lost the guy running their Website and no one knows how to fix it, but they are working on it.

Over 300 paid tables sold so far for the Feb WNYRHS Show at the Hamburg Events Center in two rooms.

S' Scott H.
 #1637193  by tree68

The Utica show appeared to have a good turnout. The vendors I talked to were happy with the day so far.

Onward to Springfield!
 #1637245  by SST

I'm so mad, I completely forgot about the Utica train show. So many little things going on I simply forgot to check the date. I always liked taking Amtrak to the event. Oh well, try again next year. For next year, I've already penciled in the December calendar to check the date for Utica.
 #1639012  by lvrr325

I set an all time sales record high for all shows at Utica. More even than the GTE show in Albany. Then I forgot to come back here and confirm some shows. Camillus is confirmed as listed.

Hamburg was about average. I sold less in two days by about half as I did at Utica or the GTE show. People were there, but there's more competition for less money and I myself spent a ton on things I will flip and make more on than I did at the show. Which frankly is the only reason I keep going is to buy the things people are just dumping.

A couple new dates to mention -

3/10 - Sanborn - Chucks Train Room show at the Sanborn Fire Hall

Also, there is a second show in Lancaster on April 7th running against the TTCS show. Not sure what the thinking is on that one but Bob Kleinmann said it's not new. I'll post the details when I bring in the flyer.

He also said that they could not get a date for Lockport at the Keenan center, but they'll be back next year one way or another, even if they have to find a new venue.

Last, Bernie Brzostek is having an all train auction on Feb, 24th, about 90% O gauge three rail Lionel, K-Line and MTH from roughly 1995-2005 all boxed up with some postwar and a few other odds and ends. I've checked a lot of the stuff on eBay and no big money pieces there.

I have seen flyers out for the fall for Hemlock, RIT, Clayton, Massena, and a few other shows.
 #1641058  by lvrr325

I made out okay at the auction, I don't really do O but picked up a few pieces guys were sleeping on.

Binghamton was way up over average;
Camillus despite under 300 attendance I sold the most I ever have there;
Albany I did very well at and will likely go back in the fall. Their fall date is Nov. 23. I need to check with the WNYRHS as there's an extra weekend in November; if they as usual do the third weekend, it would be possible to go to both of these shows. Usually they're opposite one another.

Camillus there's some rumors that show might not happen in 2025 due to changes in management at the venue resulting in price increases.

I wish them luck in Kingston tomorrow, hopefully the weather fully clears out for them.
 #1641773  by Old & Weary

The Genesee Society of Model Engineers Spring show will happen next Sunday at the Call Event Center on the campus of Genesee Community College. Doors open at 9:30 AM with over 250 tables of model railroad and train related merchandise. more details at www.gsme.org.