Railroad Forums 

• SEPTA NPT card will be "SEPTA Key"?

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1639566  by MACTRAXX

Ryan - SEPTA as far as I know has posted no indication of offering any discounted 2024 Flower Show
admission tickets on their website...On that thought my hunch is that SEPTA has an agreement of some
type with PHS that they can not openly advertise that they offer Flower Show admission tickets that cost
less than the PCC Gate price - outside of mentioning their availability for riders at RRD ticket offices...

SEPTA's offering of Flower Show discount admission tickets have been a money-saver for some
compared to Gate ticket prices...$10 off for Monday-Thursday March 4-7 will be a good example...

I tried to link the Regional Rail bulletin overview with the PDF schedules showing extra RRD service that
will be scheduled for Flower Show Week - I kept being "sent back" to the bulletin listings...

SEPTA is still encouraging riders to use the Key and its various fare products even though the Flower Show
attracts a substantial percentage of those that only plan on or need a round trip from their origin station to
Jefferson Station - Legacy Tickets made this so easy and simple compared to the hassle that exists now...

SEPTA offered past incentives during the Flower Show period remembering the one-day unlimited use
"Bouquet Passes" that were sold - which eventually led to the development of the Independence Passes.
There were no worries about ride limitations then compared to the ten ride Flex Pass on a Key sold now...

For many regular riders and younger people with their dependence on technology using the Key is easy...
For discretional riders and those new to the system not so much with the Key (and QT) complications...
First impressions on the purchase and use of the SEPTA Key and/or Quick Tickets DO matter...MACTRAXX
 #1639710  by MACTRAXX

Everyone: The 2024 Philadelphia Flower Show at the Pennsylvania Convention Center begins on
Friday March 1 with the PHS Members and Invited Guests-only Preview between 12 Noon and 3 PM.
There is a Flower Show Preview Party at PCC between 6 and 9 PM for (WELL-Heeled) VIPs and Patrons...

For SEPTA RRD Flower Show additional service see:
www.septa.org/bulletins/additional-regi ... ower-show/
PDF schedules can be downloaded for reference:
* Weekend Service (Saturday-Sunday March 2-3 and 9-10)
Chestnut Hill East, Chestnut Hill West, Fox Chase, Lansdale-Doylestown, Manayunk-Norristown,
Paoli-Thorndale and Warminster Lines
* Weekday Service (Monday thru Friday March 4-8) Paoli-Thorndale and Lansdale-Doylestown Lines

For the next ten days Jefferson Station is going to be a VERY busy place being the center of attention of
SEPTA Regional Rail...Ridership numbers will be along with the fare collection process on trains and at
JS are going to likely receive the most scrutiny...MACTRAXX
 #1639725  by dcipjr

Has anyone heard any updates on contactless payments on the Regional Rail (not onboard payments, but tapping a credit card instead of a Key at the platform readers)?

I heard this was coming "early 2024"—so hopefully it happens before the summer.
 #1640988  by ryan92084

Sorry, i meant you can now activate the multiple rider on the key card for regional rail through the website. Previously you could only activate this feature via phone call. I have not checked if you can activate this new feature through the app.