Railroad Forums 

• Northumberland Line

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#1639433  by Jeff Smith

Line returns: TheGuardian
‘Proper exciting’: passenger trains to return to Northumberland Line after 60 years
Barring a last-minute crisis, the pain will soon be over. The new Northumberland Line from Newcastle to Ashington will this summer restore passenger services 60 years after they were axed as part of the Beeching cuts.

The passenger trains were cut but the freight continued, meaning a working line has been retained.

The Guardian joined a special test run of the service on a two-carriage 158 Express Sprinter, travelling through a landscape once dominated by coalmines.
 #1639955  by David Benton

Right chuffed we are.
Ok , i don't know if that's a saying from the Newcastle area , but it sounds it .
I passed through Newcastle a couple of times , but never got off the train . Closest I came to it was been out drunk on Newcastle brown beer , by a London flatmate's Newcastle mum in a pub in London . Its not a bad drop, from what i remember. .