Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1638715  by R36 Combine Coach

At least that map shows the whole Nanuet wye. Until 1991 the original station on the wye remained.

Seeing the Maybrook Line brings up that had the Poughkeepsie Bridge were to be returned to service four MNCR lines would be connected: Port Jervis, Harlem, Danbury and Waterbury.

The Orange Station on the New Haven main line would be improbable. Both I-95/Conn. Turnpike and the New Haven Line clip the southeast corner of the Town of Orange, though only barely. I was even unaware I-95 and the New Haven Line crossed through Orange until I researched ConnDOT maps. Orange does have its own I-95 exit (41), but the only location for such as station would be Marsh Hill Road, which straddles directly on the Milford border.

An East Stamford stop on the main line as shown would make sense. Many years ago there was once a main line station at Glenbrook.

No Devon Station here, which has been proposed over the years (and was even in service as a temporary transfer station in 2015).

Was there ever a Byram station on the west side of Greenwich in the Byram hamlet?

On the inset, I see a connection in yellow across the Harlem River to the Polo Grounds as was until 1958.

And for some fun, extend the Cross-Westchester Line across the sound to join the LIRR, much like Moses tried to extend I-287 onto the island to continue as the Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway.