Railroad Forums 

• Where is the Trash Train?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#960393  by jonown88

Jim Rockford wrote:its usually in the yard right next to any track i am working in stinking the place up.
is Trash Train usually in a yard or non living area dud?
 #1633745  by joeyA

Hello, l just joined up. I’m trying to find out if there is a scanner frequency for the waste freight train that goes over AK bridge into New Jersey. Any info would really help. Thankyou.
 #1633778  by joeyA

Hello, trying to find scanner freq, for B Y 8 train trash train conrail, CSX or NS from Staten Island to Arthur kill bridge into New Jersey. Thankyou
 #1635114  by afleetcommand

I see the "trash" cars on a variety of trains up here in CNY, NYS&W hauls them to Binghamton, some go West on Norfolk Southern, Some NYS&W bring up to Solvay and CSX takes them from there. But most of the "trash trains" I see are CSX from Selkirk. I assume they came up the Hudson. I have a whole series of videos where those trash hoppers are scattered in Manifests. One of MANY manifests with empties headed east in DeWitt :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_fA2la_9_4
 #1635120  by NHV 669

Many of those cars look like C&D bound for Springfield or Connecticut (the JAMX cars), but the Cardella ones definitely go back to NJ down the River Line. It definitely wasn't M264, as that is loaded autoracks bound for East Brookfield, MA.
 #1638067  by mmi16

Trash is a commodity that hauls all over its property. Long distance moves a well as local short turnaround moves.