Railroad Forums 

• Falls Road Update

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1637222  by Martin

Recently the Falls Road has moved the two passenger cars that were stored on a siding near Causley trucking in Lockport. They are now at the lockport yard. Anyone know why they were moved ? A couple of months ago csx was still running hopper unit trains down the line of atleast sixty cars. Regional Logistics warehouse off Niagara has been getting boxcars of paper rolls to unload on there siding. They usually get between two to four boxcars . Refrigerated boxcars, covered hoppers, tankers and regular boxcars seem to dominate the trains on inbound and outbound trips. Interestly fall dinner trains were coming down the line just past the Lockport yard. There have been some speciality moves too using well flat cars and regular flats on the line over this past summer.
 #1637255  by BR&P

Martin wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:17 pm A couple of months ago csx was still running hopper unit trains down the line of at least sixty cars.
No, that's Falls Road Railroad. CSX power runs through.
 #1637637  by DGC-24711

Martin wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:17 pm Recently the Falls Road has moved the two passenger cars that were stored on a siding near Causley trucking in Lockport. They are now at the lockport yard. Anyone know why they were moved ? A couple of months ago csx was still running hopper unit trains down the line of atleast sixty cars. Regional Logistics warehouse off Niagara has been getting boxcars of paper rolls to unload on there siding. They usually get between two to four boxcars . Refrigerated boxcars, covered hoppers, tankers and regular boxcars seem to dominate the trains on inbound and outbound trips. Interestly fall dinner trains were coming down the line just past the Lockport yard. There have been some speciality moves too using well flat cars and regular flats on the line over this past summer.
I could always see them while driving over the Pine St bridge, and now driving past the yard on Park St, I see they are quite crumbly looking. My first thought was they business is moving in and wants use of the siding?
 #1637640  by charlie6017

DGC-24711 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:11 pm
Martin wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:17 pm Recently the Falls Road has moved the two passenger cars that were stored on a siding near Causley trucking in Lockport. They are now at the lockport yard. Anyone know why they were moved ? A couple of months ago csx was still running hopper unit trains down the line of atleast sixty cars. Regional Logistics warehouse off Niagara has been getting boxcars of paper rolls to unload on there siding. They usually get between two to four boxcars . Refrigerated boxcars, covered hoppers, tankers and regular boxcars seem to dominate the trains on inbound and outbound trips. Interestly fall dinner trains were coming down the line just past the Lockport yard. There have been some speciality moves too using well flat cars and regular flats on the line over this past summer.
I could always see them while driving over the Pine St bridge, and now driving past the yard on Park St, I see they are quite crumbly looking. My first thought was they business is moving in and wants use of the siding?
Alternative thought - Falls Road maybe wanted the derelict cars off the unused/unneeded siding so it could be pulled up to save on New York's exorbitant taxes?

Charlie