Railroad Forums 

• PAR Back Road (simulator edition)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1636671  by eolesen

I'd try reading the drive from another device. A 2.5" SATA to USB cord is $10 on Amazon, and a NVMe/PCIe to USB is around $20. Well worth trying.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

#1636864  by markhb

And if you REALLY want to spend money, Best Buy once was able to send a fried hard drive out for me to have the platter read. That was a special case - my son's graduation photos - and it cost a few hundred bucks over a decade ago, but it's not impossible. And yes, they were able to recover the photos.
 #1637285  by petahgriff8316

Thanks to all for the insight! I'd like to see if I can get the files off there, so will make an attempt at recovering them.

As an aside, got an ASUS laptop with the same memory specs as the previous desktop (16/512) but this has Windows 11 (vs. 10) and a superior graphics card (NVIDIA RTX 3050 vs. GTX 1660) for about 2/3 of what I paid for the former. I don't have a ton of need for a super gaming desktop, so this will probably stick with this for a while — that said it is more than powerful enough for TS2022. Haven't done much simming/building with it yet due to working on some (other) side projects, but it's on the list.