• Ex-CNJ Geeps status

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by monmouthrunningtrack

Got a couple questions that I hope can get info on. First was wondering if all 13 units are still in service. If not which ones are OOS? Finally I think 3 are still in passenger service- 4100, 4101 & 4109- I believe the 4100 & 4109 both spent some time in MOW service so is the 4101 the only one that has stayed in continuous passenger service?
  by monmouthrunningtrack

Would anyone be able to advise the status of all the ex-CNJ Geeps? I'm curious if all are active as I don't see much if any recent mention or vids showing 4102, 4104, 4107 and 4110. Outside of 4100, 01 & 09 do any others still have HEP? And for my 2 cents worth would like to see the 4100 get some love while still an active passenger unit and get treated with a heritage paint job- how great would it be in the "proper" Red Baron scheme!!
  by Dcell

These pollution-spewing fossils need to be retired. I love the look of them but they pump out more pollution that any other type of diesel locomotive on the NJT roster.
  by CNJGeep

4100, 4101, and 4109 are the only three with HEP
  by R36 Combine Coach

Dcell wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:04 pm These pollution-spewing fossils need to be retired. I love the look of them but they pump out more pollution that any other type of diesel locomotive on the NJT roster.
A rebuild to GP40H-3 or an ECO would reduce emissions.