Railroad Forums 

• Illinois Amtrak Service

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1635691  by Arborwayfan

Hi! Does anyone know whether the northbound Saluki usually gets into Chicago in time to connect to the westbound Empire Builder? The scheduled arrival is 1 pm and the scheduled departure is 3:05 pm. I have been searching and searching for OTP history, but I haven't found a way to see what the chances are that the Saluki will be more than 1.5 hours late and miss the connection. I thought one of you friends might have a sense of the situation.

(It's actually cheaper to get the northbound CONO , but that leaves my nearest station at around 4:30 in the morning, so I am basically deciding between Saluki-Builder and Illinoi-Congress Plaza Hotel-Builder.)
 #1635715  by Arborwayfan

Yes, it was. Thank you!
The Saluki has missed the connection with the Builder about five times in the past year, in case anyone is curious.
 #1637430  by Gilbert B Norman

Observed 380 (25)

SC-44, AmCafe, two Ventures.

California has reportedly not placed any of their Venture Food Service cars in revenue service; Brightline serves nothing in either Class hot.

Why can't all the affected agencies just take a page from the Austrian OBB RailJets that serve "convectioned on board (maybe some preheat micing)" full service meals (at your seat in First).

https://www.oebb.at/en/reiseplanung-ser ... ordservice
 #1638024  by Arborwayfan

I was surprised to see a train of superliners pull into Champaign-Urbana as the Illini on Friday evening. Four coaches packed full (with one more among the cars on for axle count, but which the conductor told me they weren't allowed to open; I didn't catch whether that was bc they'd need another AC or for some other reason).