Railroad Forums 

• Hillsboro (Hillsborough) Branch

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1635354  by BowdoinStation

Diogenes wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:53 pm I've been living in Merrimack about 5 minutes from Nashua for almost four years now, and I hear the trains go by all throughout the day, yet I've never seen them. Once I was near the tracks and heard the train chugging by, so I raced my car down and it was already gone. I was starting to think I was crazy until I found this forum. Is there a schedule the trains follow? Also, is the track that goes by Peddler's Daughter still in use?
Weekdays, except for Wednesdays, your chances of seeing at least a northbound train pass through Merrimack are excellent. There's no set schedule, but I would say, anytime before noon on those days is reasonable. You'll hear the horns blow for crossings at Mast Road, Star Drive, and Wright Avenue. Hope this helps.