Railroad Forums 

• Railroad Map with Mileposts and Control Points

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#927227  by CSX Conductor

bostonrailfan wrote:What is S&I ? And what area are you near that Amtrak coach cleaners work at, because I am mostly looking for information about Amtrak Coach Cleaners now as my main character works for a company such as Amtrak. Just note that the name Amtrak will not be used for copyright reasons. Also, I am looking for how much they normally make a year and if they get paid weekly or bi-weekly.
This belongs in the employment forum, I believe. S&S stands for Service & Inspection.
 #930393  by ceo

This morning at about 8:45, I saw a 2-car Orange Line train headed inbound at Sullivan on the third track. What was up with that?

Also, checkthedoorlight, your domain has expired.
 #930398  by BostonUrbEx

ceo wrote:This morning at about 8:45, I saw a 2-car Orange Line train headed inbound at Sullivan on the third track. What was up with that?

Also, checkthedoorlight, your domain has expired.
Not sure why you posted that in this thread, but anyways, I got an alert this morning about a disabled train and 20 minute delays or so. That was likely the dead set limping to Wellington.
 #940561  by bostonrailfan

Quick question, while i am at work i listen to my scanner, i have heard the terminal train dispatcher at boston south station tell the engineer "okay to have the starter", what does that mean by "okay to have the starter"? I might use this for my book.
 #965698  by gmbfly98

checkthedoorlight wrote:The Orange line drops under the CSX line, it's just hard to see in the screenshot. Bear in mind I took that teaser screen shot last year. I have made a number of updates (i.e. CSX tk 7 was extended to Tower 1, the Boston Herald siding, the Green Lines mapped, etc) since then.

See my website for my other completed maps.
Domain name expired on 4/31/2011...
 #1027949  by R36 #9346

gmbfly98 wrote:
checkthedoorlight wrote:The Orange line drops under the CSX line, it's just hard to see in the screenshot. Bear in mind I took that teaser screen shot last year. I have made a number of updates (i.e. CSX tk 7 was extended to Tower 1, the Boston Herald siding, the Green Lines mapped, etc) since then.

Which makes no sense, since April only has 30 days.
 #1028009  by BigUglyCat

R36 #9346 wrote:
gmbfly98 wrote:

Which makes no sense, since April only has 30 days.
Some programmer apparently doesn't follow: "Thirty days hath September..." :)
 #1055223  by bostonrailfan

Okay i know this is an old post but i lost everything on my computer includibg every track map chart that is and was one this topic. I have managed to get some of them. The one i can't find is the one of the southamton street rail yard that shows the layout and each track number. If someone could please help me get this i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you
 #1078527  by dbperry

Didn't notice this thread until recently. I obtained a poster size version of the 1993 map during a tour of the South Station dispatch theater a few years ago. I scanned it with the large format scanner at my work and it has been at this link for a long time:

http://www.dbperry.net/mbtacommuterrailnetwork.pdf