Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1631795  by GSC

jrzwalker86 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:56 am Would that park be Winding River Park on Rt. 37 near the hospital?
That's the park. Couldn't remember the name of it. On Rt 37 (not 73, my goof). The highway was under construction as was the park. It was a mess getting in there with a long load. No other rail cars were in the lumber yard, just the flat car I took the beams from.
 #1631796  by R&DB

GSC wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:03 pm
jrzwalker86 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:56 am Would that park be Winding River Park on Rt. 37 near the hospital?
That's the park. Couldn't remember the name of it. On Rt 37 (not 73, my goof). The highway was under construction as was the park. It was a mess getting in there with a long load. No other rail cars were in the lumber yard, just the flat car I took the beams from.
Gary,
You could never get in there now with the divided highway.
 #1631797  by Bracdude181

Been hearing that this is the new schedule. No clue if it’s accurate or not.

JB-1 will run Tuesday and Friday to Lakewood and back.

FH-1 will be Freehold to Jamesburg, running Monday and Thursday.

SA31 will run the Amboy Monday through Friday to exchange
 #1631804  by Bracdude181

Per a post on the C&D Railfans Facebook

“So with the Freehold fully open here's the new operations:

FH-1 will operate Monday/Thurday working the customers on the Freehold Industrial as well as going down to Brick/Extech as needed.

JB-1 will run Tuesday/Friday running all the way down to Woodhaven in Lakewood. They'll set out/pick up cars for the FH-1 in Freehold.

Believe they'll still be on at the same time as before.

Best of luck to everyone!”
 #1631816  by JohnFromJersey

Odd that FH-1 would handle anything on the Southern, even if it was just a couple of cars for Brick Recycling/Laird's. Wouldn't it make more sense to have JB-1 do that on their way down to Woodhaven?

One thing I'd like to know is, where will JB-1 set/pick up cars for FH-1? I assume they will leave them somewhere by the team track?

I also believe it was said that Farmingdale is going to be their base of operations when the southbound wye is complete, in addition to storage tracks. Will JB-1 and FH-1 be abolished and combined into FD-1 and FD-2?

Long-term, I wonder if the storage tracks that are supposed to go in Farmingdale between the wye will become an interchange yard.
 #1631818  by pdtrains

MHKProductions wrote:I cant get over it. No more SA-31 I have been chasing the train since 2013 and this is how it ends. I guess this is for the better, but I just would have never thought.
You can get over it. Besides , it will be back for a while in the spring, when they are working on track/bridge west of Freehold
 #1631819  by pdtrains

I think the operating pattern will be a work in progress. As stated....a freehold car arriving from CSAO . at jamesburg on wednesday, wouldnt get spotted till the next monday.

The hot setup would be to get CSAO to deliver cars to jamesburg on sundays/wednesdays. Jamesburg-lakewood and back on mondays/thursdays, and the freehold switcher on tuesdays/fridays. That gets the loads moving quickly, and the empties can sit an extra day or 2. Thats if the Jamesburg/lakewood crew is the only crew interchanging at Jamesburg.

with the current setup as related to us, I would expect the Freehold job to occasionally be going to Jamesburg on thurs if there is a hot car sitting there...

We shall see....
 #1631821  by dem34

Seems a big part of it is establishing an operations frequency too. Something that can be presented to potential customers who might not want to wait a week for loads that came into Browns the day after a weekly run.
 #1631825  by Bracdude181

MHKProductions wrote:I cant get over it. No more SA-31 I have been chasing the train since 2013 and this is how it ends. I guess this is for the better, but I just would have never thought.
I know, it does kinda suck in that sense. I started in January 2019. One of my friends has been out since the early 90s. Much better in those days. 50 car trains pulled by C39-8s at 25 MPH. And tracks that weren’t falling apart with train crossings that actually worked right!!!