Railroad Forums 

• Salem Action Alert

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1628294  by Badandy

That's it gents.......
The party's over !!!
Thanx for all your posts, Noah..........
 #1628731  by newpylong

CSX will let it sit for a bit to see what the prospects of rail returning to that site or the park just beyond. If nothing for two years, they will file for abandonment or sell it to the state.
 #1628776  by highrail

I am pretty sure that CSX does not own the line...likely owned by MBTA. Permission for the bike path in Danvers was needed from MBTA as they controlled the line, even though it was freight only
 #1628791  by newpylong

The state owns the tracks from Salem to Peabody where CSX then owns the remnants of the S. Reading Branch south of there.
 #1629914  by highrail

The line did go straight at that location. Eastman Gelatine added that section of building and the railroad adjusted the line to accommodate the new building. Not sure of the date of the expansion. The line was straight into the 1960s, when I was a kid. I am guessing the 1970s was when the change happened.

Steve