Railroad Forums 

• Rail Upgrades in New Hampshire

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1628811  by Who

I’m not sure if this belongs here or in the CSX forum. My apologies if this is well documented already, I have not been following CSX and the integration of Pan Am into their system.

I recently overheard what I thought was a very informative discussion about what CSX has planned for New Hampshire. The discussion was centered around the obvious: upgrading the rail on the Portsmouth Branch with CWR, installing new ties on the Hillsborough Branch and the cleaning up of all the trash, removing unused tracks & structures and brush cutting in Concord. What I learned is that Concord is just the starting point, they plan to clean up the entire corridor down to the state line.
Next year it sounds like the NH main up to concord is supposed to get tie work and CWR dropped for installation, and it sounds like the Hillsboro Branch is supposed to be getting newer heavier relay rail and a long overdue brush cut.

That’s all I have for now; I just found the conversation fascinating and wanted to share.
 #1628819  by NHV 669

There's the trackwork updates thread:

csx-track-upgrades-amp-infrastructure-o ... 74313.html

Where I posted a link some time ago to pictures of tie replacement occurring on the Hillbilly earlier this summer.

They're already well underway on the Concord cleanup, the freighthouse will be torn down. A recent hearing saved the yard tower (again).