Railroad Forums 

• What does Brightline use for their work trains?

• This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
    Websites: Current Brightline
    Virgin USA
    Virgin UK
This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
Websites: Current Brightline
Virgin USA
Virgin UK

Moderator: CRail

#1621307  by JohnFromJersey

I was watching this video, and it was mentioned that some of the cars were shuttled to South Florida from Orlando. I am curious, what does Brightline use for ferrying around rolling stock, and for work trains? Do they use the locomotives they use for passenger service, or do they borrow some "workhorse" diesels from FEC?
 #1621319  by Erie-Lackawanna

Brightline currently has no need for work trains, as they are a tenant on FEC’s railroad. FEC maintains the infrastructure.

I don’t know who will perform infrastructure maintenance on the new line from Cocoa to MCO after it opens.

As for ferrying equipment, they just use the passenger locomotives to pull the passenger cars.

Jim
 #1621353  by JimBoylan

Is the new line to Orlando's McCoy airport completed enough to the existing Florida East Coast mainline to allow transferring of equipment? Some of the 2nd order of new passenger trains were delivered by CSXT to Orlando instead of Jacksonville, probably because the new line wasn't finished.
Who will maintain the new line?
 #1621391  by JohnFromJersey

JimBoylan wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:38 am Is the new line to Orlando's McCoy airport completed enough to the existing Florida East Coast mainline to allow transferring of equipment? Some of the 2nd order of new passenger trains were delivered by CSXT to Orlando instead of Jacksonville, probably because the new line wasn't finished.
Who will maintain the new line?
Yes, it is completed enough that they can do thru-transports of equipment.

Not sure who will maintain the ROW but I won't be surprised if they outsource that to a well-known contractor like Herzog