• Metuchen Yard Operations and Vicinity

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Redfish

Pumpers, the tracks you speak of are the old Metuchen receiving yard which ran between Lincoln Tower and Edison Interlocking. Back in the 90's, they were used as overflow tracks for inbound and outbound traffic from the yard at Whitman Avenue. I believe the receiving yard had 5 tracks back then. Also the Amazon and Fed Ex warehouses next to the receiving yard occupy the site of the Mobil Chemical plant. The cars for Mobil were stored at the west end of the receiving yard.
  by Bracdude181

RC-2 working Home Depot at 1:47 PM

RC 1100 leading
RC 1074 trailing
  by Bracdude181

Since I have a way to upload pictures now, here’s RC-2 leaving the Home Depot Distribution Center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  by Bracdude181

Raritan Central is asking for assistance with a vandalism incident. Someone stole signs from one of their crossings.

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Raritan Central either by Facebook or via these contacts

617-388-3446

[email protected]
  by Bracdude181

Here’s the pole they took the sign from.
  by Bracdude181

Does RC currently have any customers in Heller Industrial Park? Wondering because the track that leads to it appears to be used for car storage at the moment…
  by AceMacSD

I hear there's one customer in Heller that gets a random car.
  by Bracdude181

The guy that gets giant wood chip cars? I see his place on satellite view but idk if he’s still serviced.
  by jdh823

Dependable Foods in HP gets a car now and then. Yannuzzi (the scrap customer) does not anymore.
  by Bracdude181

Dependable foods? Hmm. I wonder if that’s one of the companies selling kosher foods to Lakewood. I know they get at least some of their foods from a guy served by RC.

Thanks for the info.
  by Bracdude181

OI-32 has permission to head west at LINCOLN interlocking on track one. They have CSX 4408 in the lead.
  by Bracdude181

Clear of the rusty rail at LINCOLN 1:47 AM

by OportRailfan

Bracdude181 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:48 am Clear of the rusty rail at LINCOLN 1:47 AM

The O track was being fidgety
  by Bracdude181

I heard about that. Didn’t report since I didn’t exactly know what they were talking about.

Been listening in to try and find out when the Metuchen transfer runs. Problem is it runs at random during crackhead hours. Will catch it eventually, even it means becoming a nightcrawler lol.
  by Bracdude181

RC-2 finishing up for the day. Haven’t seen the GP20s run in a while.