• Metuchen Yard Operations and Vicinity

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

ME-2 broke down on the Northeast Corridor somewhere. Cab signals in 4451 quit working…
  by Bracdude181

ME-2 is on the move again…
  by OportRailfan

CR ME-02 west of Lincoln with the 4421 + 22 to work the sidings.
  by OportRailfan

ME-02 heading west, CSXT4421 + 21 + the Hack
  by Bracdude181

ME-2 on the Delco Industrial with CSX 4421, 6 cars for Solterra Recycling, 13 cars for Cal Chlor, and one car for what I think is Pioneer Commodities. They also have the caboose.
  by Bracdude181

Raritan Central ran their Holiday Express today. It was RC 1074 with a rebuilt bay window caboose.
  by OportRailfan

Bracdude181 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:56 pm Raritan Central ran their Holiday Express today. It was RC 1074 with a rebuilt bay window caboose.
They just run around Raritan Center with it??
  by Bracdude181

No. They just park it in one spot and let people come say hi to Santa. Honestly though, it was really nice! I love these little trains that are run for the enjoyment of families.
  by OportRailfan

CR ME-02 4421 facing east with 24 in tow, no caboose coming out at Lincoln 11:25am
  by Bracdude181

ME-2 will be leaving the Delco IT with CSX 4421, 3 outbound loaded trash cars from Solterra, and the caboose…
  by GSC

I've never been to Metuchen Yard. How do I find it and is it safe to be there or nearby? Might bring grandkids.
  by Bracdude181

It’s safe to go there but hard to catch a train.

Raritan Central is running today though and they are only 5 minutes from Metuchen.

One crew has RC 5145 and RC 5107.

Other crew has RC 5 and RC 2244.

Will be leaving the Edison yard soon but I have zero clue what they are doing.
  by Bracdude181

5107 and 5145 are working Home Depot

Other crew took 5 or so boxcars and went west.
  by pumpers

I know Metuchen yard is between 287 and Route 1.

But what are the 3 or 4 extra tracks on the eastbound side of NEC called, starting around the 287 overpass, just timetable west of the wye for the Metuchen branch, and then running about a 1/2mile or so west? You rarely see cars there anymore.
  by Bracdude181

Not sure if those tracks are still used.

ME-2 is attempting to work Super Stud Building Products but is having difficulty due to a mechanical issue with CSX 6159. Engineer is reporting “severe vibration”

RC-2 is being held up in Metuchen yard. They have RC 5 and 2244.