Railroad Forums 

• Metuchen Yard Operations and Vicinity

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1613731  by Redfish

Pumpers, the tracks you speak of are the old Metuchen receiving yard which ran between Lincoln Tower and Edison Interlocking. Back in the 90's, they were used as overflow tracks for inbound and outbound traffic from the yard at Whitman Avenue. I believe the receiving yard had 5 tracks back then. Also the Amazon and Fed Ex warehouses next to the receiving yard occupy the site of the Mobil Chemical plant. The cars for Mobil were stored at the west end of the receiving yard.
 #1616563  by Bracdude181

Raritan Central is asking for assistance with a vandalism incident. Someone stole signs from one of their crossings.

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Raritan Central either by Facebook or via these contacts

617-388-3446

[email protected]
 #1617316  by Bracdude181

Dependable foods? Hmm. I wonder if that’s one of the companies selling kosher foods to Lakewood. I know they get at least some of their foods from a guy served by RC.

Thanks for the info.
 #1617704  by Bracdude181

I heard about that. Didn’t report since I didn’t exactly know what they were talking about.

Been listening in to try and find out when the Metuchen transfer runs. Problem is it runs at random during crackhead hours. Will catch it eventually, even it means becoming a nightcrawler lol.