Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1273036  by Jersey_Mike

I noticed a large number of hits from the railsimulator.com beta test discussion form on my blog article on cab signal displays a few months ago.
 #1562468  by SlickFlair859

RearOfSignal wrote: As far as the (S) (R) (M) (L) (60) (80) (N) in the ACS-64, I do not know if that is intended to be the ADU showing the MNR cab signal aspects or something else. However this is part of a new setup Amtrak is having for its cab signals. I do not know if Amtrak is going to use this to supplement their own signals or not. See this picture, it's not just the ACS-64 that has this setup... http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=3689784
In the picture on the ADU, what does VZ mean?

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
Last edited by nomis on Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: trimmed quote from proceeding page to relevant paragraph
 #1567810  by nomis

SLickFlair, welcome to Railroad.net. I did a little pruning to your quote on your posting, just to grab the pertaining portion.

As far as VZ light, it stands for Velocity Zero, and illuminates when the electronics detect that the engine/consist is no longer in motion.
 #1608484  by Don67

regarding the M8 cab signal display- is there any use associated with the number displays to the immediate right of the RMLN indications?

I think they are 45 60 and 80 or similliar..
 #1608613  by NaugyRR

They're just numerical speed values used in conjunction with the Normal Cab, Medium Cab, etc. values