Railroad Forums 

• J&L Narrow Gauge Railroad

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#1602808  by RickRowlands

Some of you may be aware that we have created a 24" gauge steam tourist railroad in Youngstown, OH by the name of the J&L Narrow Gauge Railroad. It all got started in 2015 with the purchase of the J&L Steel Co. No. 58, an HK Porter tank locomotive that was restored over a four year period and first operated in 2019. Our railroad is about 1,000 feet long and features a 6% grade, working signals and soon will have a dedicated engine servicing facility and enginehouse.

I am new to railroad.net, having just registered today. I got this thread started to chronicle our work in building and operating the railroad. We are open to the public, go to www.youngstownsteel.org to see our schedule. We also have a very active Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmpwND ... uzF3_ddknQ
Attachments:
IMG_5733 small.jpg
IMG_5733 small.jpg (239.49 KiB) Viewed 463 times
2021-09-05 16.50.42.jpg
2021-09-05 16.50.42.jpg (182.15 KiB) Viewed 463 times
 #1602908  by NaugyRR

Love the saddle-tank, industrial locomotives are always fascinating to me.

I wish you guys the best of luck in your operations!
 #1603024  by jbvb

Four years for that restoration is pretty good progress, congratulations. Your track looks good too.