Railroad Forums 

• Current Photos of the Mineola Station

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1597174  by frankie

Since I don't visit Mineola (where I went to high school) as often due to age since moving to St. Louis, it's hard to keep track of the current progress of the station. Can anyone take photos whenever they get the chance and post them here and keep us updated? I remember spending countless hours at the station in my younger high school days just watching the rush hour trains. Wonderful memories! Thanks in advance.
 #1597176  by MACTRAXX

FS - There are historical and recent pictures of Mineola Station at Steve Lynch's LIRR website:
http://trainsarefun.com/lirr/mineola/mineola.htm

At the ongoing LIRR Third Track Project topic there are pictures posted of the changes all along the 10.1
mile route - including Mineola Station - thumbtacked at the top of the LIRR Forum page.
There are 72 pages and 1078 posts as of May 5, 2022 archived for you (and anyone else) to review...
My suggestion is to work backwards beginning at Page 72 at the most recent postings...

Each month 3TC Construction updates their progress - the listings are west to east in this manner -
Floral Park, New Hyde Park, Garden City/Garden City Park, MINEOLA, Carle Place, Westbury and New Cassel.
The link is posted and updated in the 3TC topic when the monthly 3TC updates are sent out...
The May 2022 update was just posted in the 3TC topic on May 4 to be exact...

This should help in your search for Mineola Station information...MACTRAXX
 #1597222  by frankie

Thank you MACTRAXX for your input. I've been checking the updates at the top of the page, but didn't realize the other updates found there. Great information!