Railroad Forums 

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1593130  by MattAmity90

I'll keep in touch, many of us moved away from the Northeast. Just having to raze the stations really hurt. My heart, soul, memory, and detail went into it, and hopefully a new one that I can construct will be even better. After all, I have twenty-four wooden LIRR MU cars with the magnetic connections, the ones that you buy in GCT's gift shop. Only thing that is going to be a problem is finding about 10 feet of Thomas the Tank Engine tracks (straight pieces).
 #1593261  by MattAmity90

Materials used:

-65" wooden board (banquet table is optional)
-Foamboard
-Index cards
-Plastic rods (super glue)
-Q-tips
-The grade crossing signals, tracks, and the pedestrian bridge were bought from a hobby store, or I got creative.
-Heavy use of Sharpies, scotch tape, duct tape, and gorilla tape.

Thanks to my Asperger's Syndrome, and fastidiousness as being contributions, I always found a way to make replicas. My other masterpieces include an elevator (hand powered), a racetrack bullring in which I took a stream of Christmas lights and lit the track like a diamond, where the surface would be the only thing lit in a dark room.

I chose Amityville because it's my hometown, but I lived in Easton, PA for 20 years from August 2001 to I guess April 2022. If a station had lattice towers, then no. Sorry Freeport Westward. Unfortunately, there are no trains anywhere in Myrtle Beach. There were in Easton, but they were non-accessible, but every time I visited Long Island to see my grandparents' graves, I took the train into Penn Station. My maternal grandparents are interred at St. Charles in Farmingdale where their stone is a mile away from the Ronkonkoma Branch, and a mile and half from the Central Branch.
 #1594309  by edflyerssn007

MattAmity90 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:31 am I'll keep in touch, many of us moved away from the Northeast. Just having to raze the stations really hurt. My heart, soul, memory, and detail went into it, and hopefully a new one that I can construct will be even better. After all, I have twenty-four wooden LIRR MU cars with the magnetic connections, the ones that you buy in GCT's gift shop. Only thing that is going to be a problem is finding about 10 feet of Thomas the Tank Engine tracks (straight pieces).
There's a few sets on ebay that you could grab. I guess keeping the track you currently have is a problem?
 #1595824  by MattAmity90

I officially settled into my new place in Myrtle Beach about a week and a half ago. After getting everything put away...unfortunately I don't think I have any room whatsoever to fit a new model station into my room :( Not even a grade-level station on my floor. The room is long enough, but I need a path to walk in and out, and I don't have a banquet table with slab of wood to place it on.

At least I have the small M7 cars (8 of 24 were converted to M1), and the six M7 cars from the special Lionel set.