Railroad Forums 

• December 19 Schedule Changes

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1595582  by CNJGeep

New Schedules on 4/24 for select lines with some weekend improvements.
 #1595708  by BuddCar711

Improvements? The inbound trains from Trenton will leave 8 minutes later, thus guaranteeing me missing the X:39 Wilmington train from 30th Street and have to wait 2 hours for the next train. What would be an improvement is to restore hourly weekend service.
 #1595793  by ekt8750

I would think the Elwyn line would need a new schedule with Wawa/Middletown opening in July.
 #1595853  by andrewjw

The Trenton schedule is a massive upgrade. Right now NJT trains arrive at :45-:49 and depart at :57-:59, so :45 departures and :56 arrivals guarantee a missed connection in Trenton and an hours' wait (remember the northbound connection is up and over, so a little more time is needed). This is a very highly used connection, with few alternatives. The number of lines in 30th Street means that there's no way to avoid some line-pairs having missed connections. Though I agree that better frequencies on weekend service are urgently needed, in this case this schedule change is a massive improvement for the many Trenton through-riders.
 #1595885  by mcgrath618

ekt8750 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:43 am I would think the Elwyn line would need a new schedule with Wawa/Middletown opening in July.
It's just "Wawa" again. Cooler heads prevailed.
July 1 is the target date.