Railroad Forums 

• MTA Metro North PAT

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1593559  by bigdogg2000

Hello everyone, this is my first post! I am curious as to what I can expect when going to take my PAT for Metro North. Can anyone give me some insight?
 #1594342  by RearOfSignal

Expect: Opening a train barrel door, walking on uneven terrain, stepping over 3rd rail (not live), climbing up a ladder that represents a climbing on the side of the train, putting together glad hands (air hoses), lifting a package over your head, a perhaps a couple of others that I can't remember. And the medical exam (vision, hearing, drug test, etc.)
 #1594513  by bigdogg2000

Cool, I took the physical and passed. Took the drug test, should be clean. Do they test for alcohol? Also, how long does it take to hear back? It's been a week (7 business days) and I have heard nada.
 #1594518  by bigdogg2000

bigdogg2000 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:17 pm Cool, I took the physical and passed. Took the drug test, should be clean. Do they test for alcohol? Also, how long does it take to hear back? It's been a week (7 business days) and I have heard nada.
Although, I know patience is key in the railroad.