Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

by F74265A

Trial ship Penang is approaching the mouth of the bay of fundy on its way to SJ

I noticed in the recent video of CP in Maine posted above or over in cmq forum that there is a lot of stick rail still up there. Will be curious if all of this comes out soon in favour of cwr
  by Cosakita18

So by the end of this year, if all goes according to plan, Saint John will have 5 weekly container services?

Carribean / East Coast Feeder:
MSC - Canada Gulf Bridge
CMA-CGM - CAGEMA

Transatlantic:
Maersk- CAE Service
Hapag Lloyd - ATA & AL7
  by F74265A

The test ship has departed. Anyone know if the boxes are moving out quickly?
  by CN9634

Oh yes indeed many are already on the rail.

A second Maersk (test?) ship, the MAERSK PALERMO is scheduled for 4/13 in SJ. Will hit Montreal and Halifax first, then SJ before headed EB. I suspect this one will have heavy eastbound containers as opposed to this test which was heavy WB since they hit SJ first.
  by F74265A

Thanks for the update
Second maersk ship is a good sign
Still waiting for hapag......
  by CN9634

While the Palermo arrives Tuesday, two more SJ calls have appeared on the schedule for the Penang and Patras, each a week apart following the Palermo to fill out the Month.

Nothing on Hapag schedule yet.
  by F74265A

Palermo is sitting in the anchorage.
A MSC vessel is on the dock.
Will the port upgrades ultimately allow the port to berth and work multiple container ships at the same time?
  by CN9634

There is a video for that. The only thing I’ll say is the PSJ and DP World has mentioned ship sizes of 12,000 TEUs whereas this video on says 9,000.

by F74265A

Those improvements will make a huge difference. The video strongly suggests that CP trains with CP power —not nbsr—will serve the renovated port. I would love to see cp buy back the rest of their former property
  by F74265A

Palermo is now exiting the bay of fundy on its way to Rotterdam
Servicing did not take long at SJ
  by NHV 669

Frank Jolin with a pair of good shots yesterday showing 251 with auto racks, empty rail train cars from rail recently dropped east of Farnham, and stacks from SJ:

https://steelribbon.smugmug.com/Canadia ... -PKFZzGW/A

https://steelribbon.smugmug.com/Canadia ... -czdn9HQ/A
  by CN9634

Major development for NBSR

https://lancasterlogisticspark.ca/

And Montreal strike starts Monday at 0700.... should he an interesting week ahead (overshadowed by all the other interesting things going on)
  by F74265A

I assume it is no a accident that the train in the virtual tour is full of jb hunt boxes
  by johnpbarlow

But why are all the JBHU containers in wells depicted as single stacked as opposed to double stacked? Would this be traffic coming via a CSX-Pan Am routing rather than on CP?